6006 help needed

Terry

I am currently testing 6006 in pint mason jars, 3 scents:

Element's Rocky Mountain Christmas  

Candlewic's Red Hot Cinnamon

Peak's Caramel Apple 

I love Paraffin wax and previously blended 4786 and 4627 which makes a nice candle using two out of three of these scents, however, I am rethinking my choice of wax because I hate doing repours!  I reduced my pouring temp down to about 165- 170 and still get major sink holes requiring that second pour.  This is what led me to 6006.  It looks like a beautiful wax - holds color nicely, burns well in my 12 oz. status jars using a 51 zinc wick and the best part - no repours!

I want it to work in the pint mason jars as well.  Since it is a 3" jar and so is the Status I used the same 51 zinc wick as a starting point.  I am getting down to the last third of the jar and I believe that the jars on all three will be way too hot esp. at the top by the time it burns to the end.  I can pick up the jar and hold it in the middle now but it is somewhat hot.  The jar is clean and the meltpool is about 1/4 to 1/2" after around 2-1/2 hours.   I have not tried the next size zinc wick down which I believe is 44 but I fear I may lose some of the hot throw, which by the way is awesome on all three scents in this wax, and the flame may not be as nice either.

I would appreciate comments or suggestions.

Thanks all :)