Weekend Plans

Jcandleattic

What are yours? 

I found out my first event is Oct 1st - I thought it was mid-Oct. So I have a ton of product I need to make. I think I have enough soap, so I'm good there, but I have ZERO candles, and ZERO lotions, and only a few bath bombs. So... This weekend is going to be committed to lotion-making, BB making and candle making. Lotion will take the longest, so I will probably start with that. Then BB's - and finally candles. I need to make about 50lbs of wax, 20lbs of lotion, and about 100 fizzies. It'll be a miracle if I get it all done, because I still haven't recovered from my vacation, so it'll be non-stop creating. 

Anything exciting for y'all? 

Oh my gosh!! You are going to be busy too!! Good Luck!!! ? I was up til 4 am rearranging cured/ un cured soap. I have stuff everywhere!!! I had to pull out the cured but had no where to put it cuz all the uncured was taking up my normal space. Then I trimmed and cleaned up some of my cured soaps. I've been printing labels for two days!!! ? This morning I steamed them and made them all nice and pretty before I went to my "real" job  ? And tonight I have to cut labels and try to get them packaged to deliver to the Brewery sometime tomorrow. I have to take pictures too! ???? For me. Lol!! And I have more batches ready also so I'm sure I'll work on them this weekend also. My little boxes for my wax melts from Papermart has been in Dallas since yesterday and is not supposed to deliver until Wednesday ??? I REALLY wanted to play around with the packaging on them this weekend so that sucks. But. Have plenty to keep me busy!!! Ha! ? 

Kelly

Hopefully I'll get my FO's tomorrow in the mail and I can get some soaps started. I'll be pretty much making a batch every time my molds get freed up until the end of the month. I REALLY need some colorants, a few specialty oils, and some other supplies. I should probably order those things but I'm not really fond of having to get different shipments from different companies.  I'll sort it out soon enough! 

Have fun!  

I was able to knock out about half the fizzies I wanted to get done, and about 20lbs of wax into containers. Haven't started the lotion. That might have to wait for another weekend, and I hope I have all the right oils. I'm tired. I really need to try and catch up on some sleep. I still haven't recovered from the no sleep I got on my vacation and working OT this week to make up for the lost hours of the holiday and the mid-week wedding I had to attend. I'm exhausted!! LOL (one of the reasons I didn't attempt lotion - it probably would not have gone well! LOL) 

7 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

I'm lying on my ass right now!!! I understand ? I want to get up and make soap but I think I will keep lying here. Lol

Kelly

I'm heating wax for my last candles of the day, and then I'm calling it a day. Been up and at it since 6 this morning. A solid 12 hours of creating is about enough I would think. LOL I think I'll go lay on my ass after I'm done pouring as well! :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jcandleattic said:

I'm heating wax for my last candles of the day, and then I'm calling it a day. Been up and at it since 6 this morning. A solid 12 hours of creating is about enough I would think. LOL I think I'll go lay on my ass after I'm done pouring as well! :D 

Haha! It's very nice! ? 

Haha! I know that feeling. I had to get everything made last week so it was ready by the 10th. So now that the first weekend of my fall craft shows has come and gone I will be making replacements of what sold.

Saturday was in the 90's and was freakin hot to start off craft show season. Sunday, today, was in the 80's and nice and breezy.

Sold a lot of soap today and yesterday so I have to get busy making more soap too. Candles are doing well. The apple harvest was the big hit on Saturday followed by Home for the Holidays.

Soap sales are all over the place. I have that 5 for special so people load up on all kinds of soap wanting to have one of everything if they can. LOL Its fun to watch my customers struggling with making choices on which soaps they want the most! (Of course I am very helpful in that area too! LOL) I think I can sell ice to an Eskimo!

• Like 1