No existant customer service - sooo angry !!!

Sorry but need to vent before I explode. 

I have been using a company here in South Australia - Natural Candle Supply.  they have two warehouses and when you put your order in online you have no way of knowing which warehouse your goods are coming from.  So when it comes to check out and pay, you have to pay two lots of shipping as it has to be shipped from both warehouses.  Not a choice you have, but becuase they carry all items at both warehouses, we have to be slugged with double shipping.  So that is my grievance number one!!

I ordered some wick stickums from them rather than buying from the other company and paying for a third company shipping, anyway, i have started doing some test candles as we do, and in two separate candles the wick stickums have come away from the jar.  I have emailed them stating that the adhesive is not strong enough and that it is coming away from the jar whilst the candle is burning, and they have replied saying that this happens when there is dust or water in the jar.  I have since replied confirming that all the jars are cleaned and wiped before every use and the fact that this has never happened before and yet it has started now.  No offer of apology or refund, just that it is my error and not cleaning the jar correctly.  - ARRRGGHHH how poor. this is number two.

So finally I have just placed another order, to get my jars and fragrances for my next run of testing.  The order was very large and a significant amount of money, this is a gamble and I am hoping to be selling in the next month, hence why such a large order had to be placed, and they did come in cheaper than the other jar company.  So again I was slugged with the double shipping which was over $100 AUD.  I phoned their sales and asked as my order was over $1400 AUD and then shipping to be added on top whether they could perhaps offer a discount on shipping.  I received a big fat NO, as they are independant couriers services.  So i then asked whether they could at least offer a discount on the actual order.  Again was told No, we are a discount company and cannot discount anything further.

I just want to vent and feel really quite ripped off that they have such poor customer service.  I cannot wait until I get the fragrance company / manufacturer I'm in talks to, to make the fragrances directly so I can cut this poor serviced company out of my business!!!

thanks for listening all     xx

• Like 1

I feel your frustration, I purchase from them as well and I find it really frustrating that I have to pay double shipping with no choice. I dared question them about why it took 7 days to have some wax delivered to a Melbourne address when the warehouse it was shipped from was in Melbourne and the wax was in stock, the response really showed their arrogance and customer disrespect. In relation to the wick stickum situation, I had noticed that same thing happening to me last year and they were also purchased from Natural Candle Supply. I ended up buying a Bosch glue gun and using the Bosch glue sticks to stick the wick tabs to the containers and I’ve never had an issue again. I did try a cheap glue gun with cheap glue sticks but they were not much better than the stickums.

Geesh, I'm sorry for what has happened to you.  That's bull about their reply to the wick stickums....I feel your pain.  I had that happen once to me.  I had a good size order already made to be delivered and when I tested one of the jars the stickum and wick just lifted up from the base of the jar and the wick was floating.  Long story short this well known candle company made good of the wicks and advised everyone they had received a bad batch of wicks and they immediately corrected the problem with their supplier and they advised too the situations to all who bought this bad batch.  Unfortunately I had to redo all the candles at my cost and it was let me tell you some big job.  But at least the candles went out "safely" to the store who bought from me. Too bad you couldn't have your credit card company reimburse you your money and you send the stickums back.

Glad you found something to make the stickums work.  Don't know if you have in Australia "GE Silicone Glue (the red one)", but that silicone I have used you have to use pliers to pry the wicks from the jars as they are in there for good.

I know there are companies here in the US who ship out of country.  Have you tried that yet?  I don't know what shipping would be as the stickums are lightweight but it is worth checking in to?

Trappeur