My first horrible experience with supplier

awickedscent

Yes. I asked to speak to the owner and they said that he is not going to speak to me. So I dont even know if he knows about this situatoion. She is now trying to back paddle and see what she can do to amke me happy. I asked to speak to the owner and she told me no. The company is BCN

Your not alone... I have also had some problems with BCN. :(

(Not bashing them, just stating a fact. )

I have had great service from them too..:)

It taught me to have more than 1 main supplier, which I do now.

Yes. I asked to speak to the owner and they said that he is not going to speak to me. So I dont even know if he knows about this situatoion. She is now trying to back paddle and see what she can do to amke me happy. I asked to speak to the owner and she told me no. The company is BCN

BCN! This truly surprises me. :shocked2:

I met one of the owner's at the Chicago conference. This doesn't sound like her at all, from what I saw. She was friendly and helpful, so was the person with her. I would seriously consider emailing her direct. Hopefully someone on the board has this addy and will PM it to you. Good Luck.

OMG! I sooooo knew it! They can be so awful. They don't give a crap about good service. I'm always looking for alternate sources for the stuff I unfortunatly need to get from them. Almost there, and then they're dead to me. LOL.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. I too would have thought that UPS could not release the package without a signature, but again, it is at the driver's discretion. However, if the account has explicit instructions not to release any packages, they (UPS) could be in a hard place). I think everyone learned a hard lesson in this one.

I thought the shipper had to check (signature required) for them to need a siggy.

I know with FedEx, I have that option. They can either leave at the door, or require a sig. I am pretty sure it is the same with UPS. IF the shipper did not specify, it could be their liability. If they did specify, well that is UPS's fault. This was just a bad situation from all points.

So did you have any luck yet???

Wow, I am FLOORED! I never thought it would be BCN! I guess, out of all the customers that use them, someone is bound to have a bad experience with all the people they have working for them now.

I'm really sorry that you have had such a difficult time with a supplier, it can be incredibly frustrating. I am absolutely shocked that they would tell you that they don't want your business anymore. I would definitely follow up by contact Doneen and making sure that she is aware of the problem. I think you might be nicely surprised with how she handles it.

Suprisingly enough you could possibly get your money back from UPS. I had a box of jars I bought on classifieds arrive with 6 broken. Filed with UPS and they said they needed proof of worth. Well I couldn't supply this-these jars are difficult to find. They said the shipper would need to file proof of worth. I never contacted her except to tell her of breakage. Months later when I forgot all about this incident I received a check from UPS for much more than I thought my claim was worth (more then I filed for originally).

GLo

I just received another email from the shipper and they told me that they would give me the credit and that I will not be placing any more orders with them. And this isn't even my fault. It is theirs and UPS's problem. I guess this is what kind of service you get when people dont know what they are doing.

I am curious as to how this all turned out???

Have you talked to the owners??

Please Keep us posted!!

Suprisingly enough you could possibly get your money back from UPS.

She's not the shipper though, so she wouldn't get anything.

I'm sorry, but BCN is to blame for this. They just dismissed her like it wasn't a big deal THEN told her she couldn't order from them anymore.

Who DOES that??

Steps that should have been taken:

• Call BCN - ask what happened to package
  • BCN finds tracking number and tracks package - if package is not found, file claim
  • BCN gives customer new order & waits for claim to go through.
  • Claim goes through and BCN gets their money back plus some I'm sure

PERIOD

That is why UPS, DHL, FEDEX all insure your packages up to $100.00 - need more insurance? Pay for it - it's cheap.

I have ordered from BCN twice and both times they have disappointed me. I am not surprised you had problems with them.

Sometimes companies get a little too big for their britches and forget about the little man who put them where they are today.

I too cannot believe that BCN has given you that kind of problems. You should for sure take this up with Doneen and contact her thru her e-mail addy because she is one of those suppliers who put her customers first~Don't take the word of one of her employees, until you here it from her first~Tell her everything!!!

SUE ANN

Ok. So here it is. I received a message the other day that Rich called. FINALLY!. I called him back and he was very nice and apologized. He is going to issue me my credit and also review the emails that were sent by his customer service team. One was very rude and said that the owner will not be calling me and when I called one supervisor just hung up on me. I guess it just shows that some people put their customers first and others just dont care what happens. I think that if owners knew more of what their team was doing and the way they handled the situation this would have been taking care of long ago. He was very nice and cleared things up right away. This is what should have been done in the first place. Customers are what keep you in business and you need to make sure that they are taking care of so that they return. I just glad this is all taken care of.