Lebermuth patchouli

sandy511

I have read on here that there is a $300 minimum to order from Lebermuth. I am sure this is true, but I can't find it on their website for the life of me. Bulk Apothecary carries patchouli, which if I understand correctly is Lebermuth's, but it is $56 a pound while it is only $48.35 on Lebermuth's site. They are both more than I have ever paid for an FO. Can anyone suggest a patchouli that is comparable? 

• Like 1

I would first try out Bulk Apothecary's sample to see if you like it -  If you do end up ordering from the Lebermuth site, Id try to find some other FO's that 

you'd like and just make a smaller purchase - they charge a $20 fee for orders under $300. Personally I think Bulk Apothecary is too expensive for large

scale candle making - IMO - so it might be worth it to go the other route as long as you get more FO than just patchouli . If not a patchouli lover so I cant

recommend any others - maybe someone else will chime in. Maybe check Brambleberry or The Sage ???? 

Guest OldGlory

I am a BIG fan of good patchouli. I once purchased a lb of patchouli essential oil, thinking I would just use less EO than FO, and come out ahead because it's the real thing and bound to be better than any FO I could find. (I would still go this route today, using 1/4 oz pp.)

The problem is that essential oils can be very different qualities. I bought a pound of it from an EO supplier I'd been using for years, and had to throw it away it was so awful. I let it age for a full year hoping it would get better but it did not. Around $80 (with shipping) down the drain.

A friend of mine gave me a little leftover Lebermuth Patchouli FO and I was shocked at how good/true it was. I am not sure if they still use the same formula.

You can go to great lengths and a lot of expense to find the right patchouli, but there is no way around the fact that you really need to try a sample of it first. I would start my search with the company that allows a small purchase so you can try it before you invest $50 or more.

Lebermuth Patch is one of the best I've found, I'm not a patch lover but grew up in that 60's era when everyone wore it.  I can tolerate a good one, the bad ones make me gag.

I switched to Peak's patch, not because it's just as good but it's nice and it sells.  It's one of the few others that don't bother me.  I also use Patch EO which is heavenly, and coming from somewone who doesn't love patch that's saying alot.