Rustic Essentials New Scents

kfintoni

Has anyone gotten the new sampler from Rustic Essentials? I got my order yesterday and I have to say I love almost all of them. There are a few I was not crazy about. Now to try and come up with some new names as some of them I am not crazy about. The first one is the Hipster scent, it is a great scent that I think the guys would love but I hate the name. Does any one have any suggestions? It is a scent that is supposed to be like the bearded lumberjack in a coffee shop.

Karen in MA

• Like 1

Yea that Hipster name wasn't something I particularly liked either. I can't say the scent description intrigued me either. I don't get the picture either Moonstone LOL! I'm just thinking either handy man, professor, talk shop, Tall Tale (though I like Bunyan Coffee Shop), maybe something with Brawny ... I know it's a trademarked paper towel ... but just thinking it could be named that. 

OR ... 

Jack

Logger

Sawyer

Jack Sawyer 

OR ... 

Here's a site with words and sayings related to lumberjack

http://www.lumberjacklingo.com/display.php?action=search&by=A

Click on each letter. Something might spark your interest. Didn't realize they had a separate kind of language for lumberjacks. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

I bought the What's New sampler. I do not usually buy those but pick and choose from new releases. I decided to buy the Sampler just to see what I thought of all of the scents. 

I was not as pleased with as many as you were just OOB. I never make a judgement on any scent until it is in wax, of course. 

I had a lighter than usual pour plan last week so I got of them all in wax. I have only melted 2 scents of the testers I poured. 

If any pass my initial testing, my next step is blending and naming as I do not offer scents straight from the bottle (the online wax world is about vendor differentiation so I do what I can to not offer scents which can be easily replicated). 

The only one which was an absolute no for me when I was pouring was Green Pumpkin. For others, that could be their favorite of the Sampler!

I will have to wait until I test Hipster but I get no coffee note out of that scent. On cold. It smells more like a masculine cologne to me. Will be eager to see if the coffee note comes out when warmed.

Edited by justajesuschick

Green pumpkin was a definite no for me. I was also not crazy about Stone House Reserve or the Hummingbird Nectar. My husband loved the Tinsel Tree and said it smelled more like a Christmas tree than any of my other scents. I agree justajesuschick I smell no coffee in the Hipster but I loved the Caramel Cafe OOB.

Karen in MA

3 hours ago, Scented said:

Yea that Hipster name wasn't something I particularly liked either. I can't say the scent description intrigued me either. I don't get the picture either Moonstone LOL! I'm just thinking either handy man, professor, talk shop, Tall Tale (though I like Bunyan Coffee Shop), maybe something with Brawny ... I know it's a trademarked paper towel ... but just thinking it could be named that. 

OR ... 

Jack

Logger

Sawyer

Jack Sawyer 

OR ... 

Here's a site with words and sayings related to lumberjack

http://www.lumberjacklingo.com/display.php?action=search&by=A

Click on each letter. Something might spark your interest. Didn't realize they had a separate kind of language for lumberjacks. 

Omg they have their own lingo LMAO !!! I need to get out more ! I actually like all of the names you picked - I stink at that lol ! 

• 4 weeks later...