Large Tumbler Suppliers

Good morning everyone!

Does anyone use large tumblers? I currently use 11.5oz tumblers that hold roughly 8-9oz wax.

I gets lots of requests for larger sizes tumblers. Having a hard time finding them. I find ones that appear to be them or look similar but because different places

call them by different names its hard to be sure.

Thanks

Guest OldGlory

Would you be more specific of what you're looking for?

Tumblers are the size of drinking glasses, if in fact they are not actually manufactured as drinking glasses, so the size is going to be somewhat consistent. Most larger jars can be purchased without lids, so there is that option. Let us know what you want to find - maybe with a picture or link- and maybe someone can help you.

Sure thing. I currently use the 11oz Tumblers with lids from Peak: http://www.peakcandle.com/products/115-oz-Straight-Sided-Tumbler-(CASE-of-18)__C1039.aspx

I am looking for thing, but a larger/taller size. For example, Yankee has small tumblers (I believe the same size I use form the link above). And they have larger tumblers. These are what I get request for frequently. Especially around holidays.

Here is basically what I am after: http://www.yankeecandle.com/product/white-gardenia/_/R-1230627

Thanks

Guest OldGlory

You can try eapinnovations.com - they might have something you like. Yankee probably has those jars and lids custom made. The large apothecary is 26 ounces. It's the same as the large size Yankee candle with the bubble lid. They are readily available at just about any supplier.

Its not so much the overall size I am looking for. Im looking specifically for larger tumbler, not just larger size of any jar. 

That being said, I am also looking into some larger jars as well. The Apothecary was a bit thin for me when I am going for a jar of that style. I think the Colonial jars from Peak looked like a better option. Still looking at them.

But for the tumblers, Ive seen them other places so I know they are available... I've also found what appears to be the same ones, but I have no idea if they are. Thats why I posted on here, in hopes that someone else uses large tumblers. Here are the ones that look similar to me (albeit with a different lid):

http://www.candlewic.com/store/product.aspx?q=c24,p1416&title=31-oz.-Libbey-Cylinder-Jar

Thanks everyone. I found these, and look to be the closest so far:

http://www.candlewic.com/store/product.aspx?q=c24,p1416&title=31-oz.-Libbey-Cylinder-Jar

I personally looked at status and anchor jars as well that have the little flared base at the bottom since you are right Trappeur.... can find those anywhere. But the response Ive been getting back is "those are ok, but we really like the big tumblers better"... or something along those lines.

So, Im still digging. :)

Guest OldGlory

Your customers will have trouble trimming a wick so far down in a jar. Maybe this will provide you with the opportunity to sell wick clippers too.

• 3 weeks later...

Filmore's Elite jar might be one you could consider.  I'm glad you started this thread, because I have been on a search scouring the internet for a huge version of a straight-sided heavy rocks tumbler.  I don't want a flared base-don't want screw top-just a simple style and I want to find really good quality, thick glass. Like this: http://www.jomalone.com/product/3561/27977/For-the-Home/Luxury-Candles/Lime-Basil-Mandarin-Luxury-Candle. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

what do you mean by huge versions of the tumber? I get 11oz tumberls currently.. lots of places have those. I am personally looking for the taller ones like Yanks sells but haven't found them.

Regarding the fillmore elite jar... thats basically just a status jar. I do have some of those, but I dont want the flared bottom either. 

And in reference to the link you sent. That picture looks like a regular tumbler to me. I cant believe they have 3 or 4 wicks in that thing. Thats insane to me, lol.

Guest OldGlory

Jo Malone sells other sizes too, and they've been in business for many years. It's ridiculous all the way to the bank.

Give me a business like that!

I know, they are extremely pricey. But they burn beautifully; I actually had one and it lasted about a year. When it was finally out, I replaced the wicks in the exact same spots and that's actually when I learned how to start making candles.  My "replacement" candle wasn't quite worthy of the Jo Malone price tag (lol) but it did pretty well! That was long ago...and now I would love to find some large, heavy tumblers like theirs.  I am considering having them custom made; has anyone delved into the custom route?

On August 10, 2016 at 10:59 AM, wthomas57 said:

what do you mean by huge versions of the tumber? I get 11oz tumberls currently.. lots of places have those. I am personally looking for the taller ones like Yanks sells but haven't found them.

Regarding the fillmore elite jar... thats basically just a status jar. I do have some of those, but I dont want the flared bottom either. 

And in reference to the link you sent. That picture looks like a regular tumbler to me. I cant believe they have 3 or 4 wicks in that thing. Thats insane to me, lol.

I think the size I need is 64 ounces, with the heavy clear bottom-not thin.

There are some other container manufacturers listed on candles.org-the professional site. It looks like those companies have many options that aren't readily available on the usual sites like EAP and Filmore.

Ooooh.... sorry, I thought you meant large but still standard. No, unfortunately I do not know where to find those.

As far as going to the custom route. Well, I think that sounds great, but like most... dont have the time or money to look into that right now. Cant be cheap to get started Id imagine.

Regarding Jo Malone.... and I'm not dissing on their producs whatsoever, more curious than anything. But, what is so special about the wax or wicks to a) make them last so long if they indeed do or b} make them worth $400+ for a candle, lol. I get that they are really nice and great and all.. but thats crazy. Is it just because they have people willing to spend that much (wealthy) or that there candle is REALLY THAT GOOD somehow. I cant imagine they are using other or better wicks, waxes, etc that are much better or better at all than what any or most candle makers like us can get as well.

These are good questions; their candles and those of many others in their luxury marketplace (often costing $65 and up) are really that good, in my opinion.  I wish I knew exactly how they create a great product, but firstly, their scents are superior.  The Jo Malone scents are subtle but powerful-and they are never cloying or sickly sweet like cheaper candles.  I think they just use really good ingredients and the combination of scents just "works"-it's sort of like the difference between cheap cologne and a nice one.  The waxes also burn perfectly-so you don't have tunneling or soot buildup for any other candle weirdness. You get a really consistent burn with all their candles, even if you put it near an air conditioner duct, or the doorway or wherever.  On their web site, they claim that they "match" the wicks and waxes to each particular scent...which is pretty much what all of us do...but they seem to have perfected their combinations so the customer feels confident that they are getting a reliable product, every time they fork over the money.  I don't think people really want to spend that much on a candle, but they might rather have one small JM candle than 5 yankee candles (no offense to yankee lovers).

The approx. $400 candle is huge-lasts a year. And looks nice and elegant...but the price is totally extravagent, I agree.

All that said, I'm sure many of our community member's candles are just as fabulous :)

Edited by candlesinflorida

I gotta agree with nursenancy on this one. Most of what you said about their candles that makes them sooo good are what most of do as well.

even burn - check

no tunneling - check

long lasting - check

Fragrance - check

etc.

I think the real KEY here is that they simply package, label, and market their candles as luxury candles simply to attract the wealthy who feel like just oozing their money.

And power to them for doing it and making it work. Heck, if they selling.. I wouldn't change a thing.

But to say their candles really are worth that much because they are that much better than others is kind of insane IMO, lol. They are worth it because they have customers willing to spend it.. and that is a good thing for them. But  if our candles are performing like or similar to theirs, there is no way one of our $20 candles is that much worse than their $200+ candles... thats ludicrous.

And again, this isn't a knock on the company at all. Actually, impressive really to make it work and get that customer base. But I feel its more about their marketing and their target niche than it is about their product. 

just my thoughts

I hear ya.  I'm not saying their candles are any better than any of yours or mine or any of ours....but in my opinion, their candles are better than some of the cheap ones I've seen on the market created by other large companies. It is hard to find FO blends as nice as theirs. Of course, all this is subjective. 

I do think it's worthwhile to analyze their success and learn from it...they are obviously doing some things right, even if it's just marketing their candles well. As you said, it is impressive that they can get that customer base. I'd love to have a customer base like that!

yep... and Im not dissing their candles at all. Im sure they are great. But that is not why they are selling them at that price, lol.

I agree learning from what they do well... but its pretty obvious they went after the top 1%ers because there is NO market for candles that

costly unless you are wealthy. Just no other way to slice it. So their target niche and marketing strategy to convince that market that their candles 

are superior and that is why they should splurge their money on their candles is the key to their success.

Edited by wthomas57
  • Like 1