The Beer Soap failure kinda.....

I started making beer soap for a local brewery. I research fragrances to pair with the 3 beers I would be using. For one, I decided to give WSP Harvest Ale a go. I new it was going to move fast so I had a plan, or so I thought. Right!! Got the bottom part in the mold just fine. Added the pretty top and done!! Then the oil seepage came and I thought I would just let it sit and see if it would absorb. It mostly did. But I ended up with a heat tunnel and lots of oil inside. Bummer!! I cooked it down in the crockpot with some extra olive oil. 

So, I decided to try it again with a different plan. LOL I left it all in the mixing pot til it separated, riced and gelled all on its own. Then stick blended til it all held together again. Put it in the mold and blew gold mica powder over the top. It looks like one of those gold nugget bracelets we wore in the 80-90's. Pretty fitting for Douchebag Jimmy Artisan Ale Soap. ? You have been warned. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Whoa man! Its looked so pretty too. I have 3 FOs from BB that I plan to make beer soap with. Their pumpkin lager smells totally awesome and I can't wait to try it. I bring it up because I thought you may want to give theirs a try.

So let us know how the finished soaps are wash with. I bet they will be very nice to use.

• 2 weeks later...