A Fillmore that I don't like

kfintoni

So far I have loved every Fillmore fragrance I have tried and that is almost all of them. Last week I placed an order and added Leather to the order. I usually use Wild WIld West from NG. Since I have loved all the previous scents I ordered a pound to start. Big mistake I hate it. It has a very fake leather smell to it oob and I don't even want to add it to wax. I know many scents change in wax. Has anyone else tried this and were happier when it was added to wax or does anyone have any suggestions on what to mix with it so it is not a complete waste.

Thanks,

Karen in MA

• Like 1

Haven't tried that one. But once I bought a lb of their maple syrup and it smelled perfumy. Perfumy??!!!! Double ick! Putting it in wax didn't help either. Made it worse. So yeah, they do have the occasional dud. But when their oils are good they are very, very, very good!

I think they discontinued the maple syrup. Another dud was their Amish Bread. I could not get any kind of throw from it at all plus even OOB I could barely smell anything let alone bread.

Also, I didn't care for their gardenia. Smelled like those cheap toilet cakes you drop in your toilet to sanitize when you flush. Another ick FO!

• Like 1

I did try their Japanese Cherry Blossom and didn't really care for it.

Unless I add 9% of fragrance oil, I struggle with Iced Lemon Biscotti but no one else seems to. Not really sure why that is.

I will tell you though that I love their Cranberry Citrus and their Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper in C3 wax. :-)

• Like 1

I just placed a decent size order with mostly 1# bottles + decided to try a few 1oz samples too - i choose  orange creamcicle + hazelnut cappuccino

and pumpkin souffle. I sampled the oatmeal raisin cookie last time around ,just not in wax yet, its very nice but theres quite a bit of apple in there .

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the orange pekoe tea will perform well since i LOVE the smell , med OOB so fingers crossed. I took a leap and

ordered 1# of lavender -rosemary sage :) Kfintoni - which have you tried that performed well in your wax ? I love the lemon biscotti :) 

Edited by Moonstar

I love their Iced Lemon Biscotti. Epic hot and cold throw plus its so lemony with an awesome sweet crunchy cookieness makes your mouth water! I have also used their Cherry Blossom and it's pretty good. I just prefer the PFO version better.

The lavender, rosemary, sage is another wonderful scent blend. Awesome in candles and soap. All of their florals that I have tried are very good with the exception of their gardenia which I didn't like. They used to carry a Tuberose Jasmine which was the best floral ever but why they discontinued it I don't know. It was fantastic in both soap and candles. Anyway, that one was the reason I started using their other florals.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Moonstar the Lavender Rosemary and sage is a great seller for me. I personally hate lavender but can tolerate this mix. I do use their orange creamsicle now, I was using the one from the candle source and since I am ordering jars and wax from Fillmore I have tried to move most of my scents to them also. I think I have tried almost all of them. I do like the warm vanilla caramel it is really good.

Karen in MA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kfintoni said:

Moonstar the Lavender Rosemary and sage is a great seller for me. I personally hate lavender but can tolerate this mix. I do use their orange creamsicle now, I was using the one from the candle source and since I am ordering jars and wax from Fillmore I have tried to move most of my scents to them also. I think I have tried almost all of them. I do like the warm vanilla caramel it is really good.

Karen in MA

Thanks Karen :)  I just received my sample pack of Premiere wicks, Ive heard they work well with the GB464 . Im going to use the 8oz mason jars from CS 

but noticed Fillmore carries the same ones. Im super picky and I have to say their customer service is great - packed well -quick shipping + they answer 

questions promptly, what more can one ask for :) Karen, do you mind if I ask what wax you've had success with in terms of the FO's. I also bought a 

sample box of the GB 415 - since I heard the HT is great with that one . I agree, the warm vanilla caramel is yummy :) Have you tried the rain or mountain 

leaves - those are next on my list to try. 

I just checked FMC site and see they carry a lot more waxes now. They even carry a palm pillar wax now. They used to carry just C-3 wax for years. Anyway, that was the wax I know that they used to test their all their FOs in. So if you are using a soy wax you can trust many of their FOs should work in your wax.

Now if they would just start carrying glass glow then I would be one very happy clam!!