TeaLight Wick Issue

Sorry if i didn't post this in the right place but i knew coming to this board would give me the proper answers. ((fingers crossed))

i am using 4630 wax in my tealights, i am having a difficult time being happy with the tealight wicks that i have tried. some burn really hot for a short period of time and others don't melt all of the wax and barely makes it.

could someone please offer some insight. things were easier with the 4627, i just used CD-4 wicking (found they worked best with all fragrances).

Thanks in advance!

ok, now i'm baffled! i tried to find "tealight" making instructions here but have not located it. i am quite happy with the 4630 wax yet am quite willing to try something else. can someone please point me in the right direction regarding wax/wicking?

thanks in advance!

I use 4630, but not for my tealights. I've found I need to use a much smaller wick than you normally would when using this wax (in jars) so if that's true, it might be difficult to find a wick small enough for a tealight.

Have you tried a 34-40z?

Not too sure on your wax but I use J223/beeswax mix for my tealights and use LX-10 for the wick. I've tried just about every kind of tealight wick out there and got the same thing you did...either not enough burn or too much. LX's seem to work really well and I get a nice even burn on all the FO's I've tested so far.

HTH, good luck