Candle suppliers

Candle guy

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone may possibly know of any suppliers in the state of Maryland? I know that Peak is about 3 hours from where I stay but didn't know if maybe there are some closer. Shipping can be a serious pain in the butt lol. If not then I will have to take a drive to Peak or Fillmore every month. I am just really trying to avoid shipping costs as much as possible. Thanks everyone everyone! ?

I feel your pain. I am about 3 hrs drive from Peaks & Fillmore. I drive out there 2-4 times a year to stock up when I have the time and money. I just consider it a day trip as it takes up most of the day. But it saves me a ton of shipping costs as I can get my wax, jars, FOs, etc. These are very expensive to ship so just buying gas really saves me money.

Candles & Supplies and also Candlewic are both about an extra hour farther. I have done the round trip of doing C&S, Candlewic, and Fillmore all in one day. But now I just go to Peaks & Fillmore since Peaks moved out here and they have my wax.

There are other candle suppliers in PA if you check out the state suppliers list. BW has some terrific FOs. I have yet to try Maple Street as they are new to me but I am loving their FO prices so far. I might give them a try.

Seriously we are lucky that we can drive out to any supplier and back in a single day. Many don't have any in their state or within driving distance.

• Like 1

Candybee,

You do have a point towards being lucky. What business is BW? I ordered from Peaks yesterday and it's being delivered today. Now that is what I call fast delivery!!! Paying the shipping costs on it however......lol. I am happy that they are in PA now so I can make that trip. So does Fillmore have good scents?

UGH I feel your pain!

I used to literally be less than a 2 minute drive away from Peak when I was at work. That was until they moved out of Denver, now I don't have anybody close and have to ship everything in. My costs have significantly increased due to this. First time in over 5 years I feel that I HAVE to raise my prices to my customers, and I hate that. :(

I wish I was only 3 hours away from terrific suppliers, it would be so worth it! 

• Like 1

Jcandleattic,

That does suck big time! I will just have to go on a little adventure when I get some more sales in and visit Peak. Shipping is truly horrible and it would be a really hard sell to my customers if I had to up my prices even more. Most of the customers out my way are not going to drop much more money on my candles when they pay that for Yankme. There are stores however in a more upscale area around here that have their 10oz soy candles selling for $30.00. I was walking through scratching my head and thinking, mine look much better. I guess selling in a town surrounded by water you could get away with that. Lots of wealthy people in that town. I am currently trying to get through the front door with some of the owners as we speak. Three are interested at the moment but we have not come to the table yet. We will see

Yes, it does. And Peak did that about 3 days before I was going to place an order for about 8 cases of wax... Sigh... 

So.. I have been searching and researching best wax + shipping costs, and method of payment. So far, Lonestar has some of the cheapest prices for me, but they don't take paypal, and run 99% of my business costs through PP, and since they are only cheaper by a very small percentage, I need to make the decision if it's worth it to go through someone else, or just use a different payment method. It all adds up, and it sucks so bad. I haven't had to calculate shipping into my pricing since Peak was in Denver about 13-14 years ago... sigh

Jcandleattic,

I just actually received a phone call from one of the businesses I just talked about hahahaha. She asked if I wanted to wholesale. Do you know anything about wholesale? Advantages or disadvantages? I know Glory wholesales so I may have to ask her.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, wthomas57 said:

lol yah.. i was just being sarcastic.

My issue is even IF their wax works out for me... too much other material (jars, supplies, FOs, etc) that I get from somewhere else.

Guess I just have to move...   :)

Okay. I get FO's from 12 suppliers. I could never be narrowed to one supplier. You might need to live on a boat or in an RV!!

7 minutes ago, justajesuschick said:

No. Not interested in having a physical storefront. My store is online and always open! 

oh ok. I was just curious. Mind sharing your online store website? Always like checking out others sites when I have downtime. :)

31 minutes ago, wthomas57 said:

oh ok. I was just curious. Mind sharing your online store website? Always like checking out others sites when I have downtime. :)

I will private message you. I do not think we are to post our own information.

I also do not openly share as much here as I used to after posting pics and ideas and then finding what I shared on other websites.