Need a lavender FO for CP soap

TAH

I am to make lavender wedding soap favors. I can't afford EO so I need a FO that will hold up and of course smell good. I tried Bramble Berrys but it did not hold up well. I'm running out of time to test different FOs hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 

CS has a good lavender for CP for a good price. I use lavender EO for almost the same as FO. Try Camden Gray or Soapmakingresource. Both have excellent lavender EO for a good price plus they have different size bottles so you can save on larger sizes.

Ok I checked the abbreviation list and decided CS is Candle Science so I went ahead and ordered from them. Their prices are way better then the places I've been ordering from. Thanks again. :)

• Like 1

CS lavender holds up very well in CP. Soaps beautifully with not A&D and doesn't fade or morph on me. Easy to do colored swirls if you want. Just soap room temp and don't SB the tar out of it. Just SB enough to emulsify, then start doing your swirl thing. I use 1oz PPO of CS lavender.

I can second Candybee with CandleScience's Lavender FO.  I work a lot with lavender essential oil and that is the only fragrance version I have come across that makes me think of the essential oil, and it has held well in my hot process soaps. 

It's also the lavender I use in my candles. So it does double duty for me. I have to use an affordable lavender that works great in both applications and smells like the real deal. It does for me. I've also used it in lotions and its perfect.

Edited by Candybee

On 4/5/2016 at 6:51 PM, Candybee said:

CS has a good lavender for CP for a good price. I use lavender EO for almost the same as FO. Try Camden Gray or Soapmakingresource. Both have excellent lavender EO for a good price plus they have different size bottles so you can save on larger sizes.

Do you use the same amount EO as FO? 

Goldie

Edited by GoldieMN
Error

I'm surprised BB lavender fo did not hold up well, i found that it works well. as the other said try CS lavender ... also, if your looking for EO have  you

tried eden botanicals ? their quality is amazing but lavender can be pricey :( i haven't tried the lavender grosso but from what i recall its more 

economical + often used in soap making ... i use their eo for lotion + in oils .

39 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Do you use the same amount EO as FO? 

Goldie

When using EOs you have to look up the percentage of what is safe to use in your application. It varies from one EO to EO even if it is lavender not all lavenders are the same. Plus you need to know what is safe to use in what application you use it in. For example you use one % in soap but another in lotion and still another in candles. Best place to look up % use for EOs is with the IFRA.

Also, you need to know if it is safe for use by certain people. For example pregnant or lactating women should not use lavender. That is just one example of many.

I didn't use EOs for a long, long time until I became familiar with how to use them safely and I only use a few that I feel comfortable enough using and know the % rates for each use.

Edited by Candybee

I hear a lot of people mention Bitter Creek. I may give them a try too. Can you recommend any other FO or EO that sticks in CP soap from Bitter Creek? If I'm going to place an order I'd like to get more than one thing :) 

• Like 1

I recently placed an order with Bitter Creek + personally, I wasn't crazy about the lavender or the berry verbena. To me, they smelled

soapy in a way and I couldn't smell any of the verbena, and verbena is typically strong. Granted, my opinion is from smelling out of the

bottle only + have not used in wax or soap since I wasn't happy OOB .... maybe I'll try them in wax + I'll have a different opinion ??? 

Edited by Moonstar
spelling