Vanilla Stabilizer & TD

Candybee

I don't like vanilla stabilizer. I just don't. TD does an adequate job if properly mixed but using fos with little or no vanilla has been the best way to go. There's nothing wrong with a light or chocolate brown color but for swirling you need a light contrasting color. I'm in that stage of not wanting a bunch of chemical additives in my soap. Obviously you can get fos that can be used for both soaping and candles but I find that its rare for an fo to be strong in both categories. I'd rather use a fragrance which has been formulated for use in the one medium but that's just me. I know that most of these additives are natural based but so far this approach works better for my soaps.

• Like 1

After several years of making CP soap I made the decision to start using VS for those FOs that are good sellers for me but discolor. I had always wanted to do more than just make a brown or discolored soap that smelled good. I wanted it to have pretty colors and swirls too. So that's why I finally decided to give it a try.

So using VS is still pretty new to me. So far I am loving that those soaps I could never make before with beautiful colors and  swirls I am now able to do so.

TD alone in those same soaps did not allow for the colors I tried so hard to make. So for me the VS works and now I want to use both TD and VS in a couple of soaps I have in mind.

• Like 1