Container Candle Label Problem

Hi,

I sure hope somebody can help me figure out why my 2"x 2" square glossy jelly jar candle labels are printing just a bit off course. I've been trying to find the answer on Google but I'm not getting anywhere. They are printing too low and a bit to the left so they are running into each other. I've been using a free Word template (20 per sheet). Has anyone else had this happen? How did you solve the problem? It's time to take photos of our candles to sell online and they need labels. THANK YOU!!!!!

You will have to adjust the margins of your document until they print how you want. Templates are a good guide but i have never hsed one that worked without adjustment. I print on a commercial printer and have them perfectly adjusted for that machine. I have blank label documents I use when I have to print from home. Those documents are adjusted to that printer. So, just play with adding a point or two in the directions you need and you will get them centered.

• Like 1

I use the Avery DesignPro label program and it has an alignment feature. Even if you don't use a label program your printer should have an alignment feature you can use.

I also can edit the template and adjust that if needed. Also, I first check how I loaded paper in the printer. With mine you align the paper with the adjustable liner gadget then pull it away ever so slightly otherwise it can mess up the paper feed and I get misaligned labels.

The worst is small round labels. I actually have to adjust the template so it prints slightly off so the labels come out more centered. Sometimes it can be such a pain in the patootie getting the alignment just right.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

I'm assuming you are using Avery brand labels. Their templates are not perfect and do require some finagling to get the label to where you want it them to be. The good news is that once you figure it out, they should print how you want them in the future. The hard part is figuring it out. I don't use that size label so I unfortunately can't share any personal experience with them. I do use the 2.5" kraft brown labels, and to get them to print centered, I have to make the logos exactly 2.52" and align them with the top, left-hand corner. It is not a big adjustment, but it is noticeable.

• Like 1

Thank you to all who answered. I didn't realize I could realign the margins or that I could align the labels on the template. I sure like the idea pf the Avery DesignPro with that alignment feature. Looks Like I have some studying (or purchasing)! Thank you for the good advice!

• Like 1

Just an FYI for anyone who has problems with this.   One thing I found when I finally broke down and downloaded the Avery software.....when I use the downloadable program, my labels print perfectly every single time.  If I try to use the Avery online program, they never line up.  Ever.  This has been my experience on multiple computers and using multiple printers.