Crockpot question

Hey everyone,

I have a presto magic wax melter with the spigot and I use it for my parrafin wax. I was wondering if it is possible to use the same melter for pillar wax also? I know that pillar will harden and I am not sure if it would clog the spigot. Has anyone else tried this?

I use my presto's for every type of wax I use, but I stopped using the one I had that had a spigot on it a LONG time ago. I find for my applications it's much easier to either dip the wax out, or pour it from the presto directly into my pour pots.

The spigot was just too much of a PITA for me. It would either clog, or I'd forget to close it and get hot wax everywhere, or I'd bump it on stuff when moving my presto. I HATED that thing. So yeah, it was gone within a week of getting it. :)

I like mine. Put it on myself. I'm too unsteady with my hands to ladle. It rarely clogs because I fixed a piece of fine wire mesh over the spout on the inside and it keeps debris out. I melt all kinds of stuff in it for soap and candle making. Wiping it out isn't a big deal. The amount of an fo or wax residue isn't going to affect whatever else you do with the pot.