Wholesaling status jars.

Trappeur

I'm wondering for those who sell the status jars, would you care to divulge what you charge wholesale price for the 8oz jar (with the glass lid) and the 12 oz jar?

Also I'm finding out when pricing these 2 jars there is a difference (wholesale pricing) of about 1.50  between the both of them give or take.  Do you sell more 8oz or 12 oz?

Thankyou.

Trappeur

Should have read your post better. For us the difference in cost between the two is $ .80. We sell the 8 ounce retail for $5.95 and the 12 ounce for $12.95. We sell about the same number of the two, maybe a few more of the 8 ounce (again retail). We only an 80 cent difference in cost there is not a margin for wholesaling the 8 ounce.,

Wow!  You all sell for that cheap wholesale price?  Geesh, are you making any money? hmmmmmm....My cost to do a 12oz jar is 5.73.  I must be figuring something wrong.  Now I have shipping too as I can't pickup.

So you mean to tell me that if you are selling for 7.50 wholesale, you can actually make that jar for $3.75?

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

I don't have shipping on my jars so it really helps keep cost down.  They are knock-off status jars that GW carries.  Yes it comes to about 3.25-3.75 depending on the fo cost.

I stopped doing the 8 oz because I had to sell at almost same as 12 and everyone bought the 12's including wholesale accts.  The 22's just didn't sell well for me so I use them only for gifts and for myself now.

Edited by kandlekrazy

Thankyou very much Kandlecrazy, David and Pc for divulging your costs.  I know it's kind of personal and so really appreciate for telling me.  It just astounds me that you could sell for so inexpensive.  I just landed another account which she is going to be pretty much all high end home furnishings and gifts and I was choking after I told her the wholesale cost would be 12.00 when I see what you all charge.  She went with the prices..so I guess that is a good thing.  I have been checking online as to what shops and candle companies sell these jars for and it goes anywhere from 17.99 and up to 26.00....most of them average about 22.00.  And in my area the few stores that do carry the status sell the 8 oz from 20.00 to 26.00 so I guess I'm ok.  I would never gauge anyone as I'm very honest but I just had to check with others here to see if I was in the ball park.  You are so fortunate for the ones who don't have shipping because I do.

Thankyou.

Trappeur

Wow. way to go. Wholesale pricing on the status jar for $12. I wish we could get more, but we can't. You must be in an area where everyone has lots of money. Retail for the 8 ounce status at $17.99-26.00. Wow. Oh, and I relooked at my previous posts. We sell the 8 ounce status retail for $9.95, not $5.95; that is the retail for us for the smaller status, 3 ounce I believe. We can only keep our costs down because we buy in bulk. 2-3 pallets at a time, pallets loads of wax. 25-100 pounds of FO.

To find how much you can start saving to reduce your cost, start asking every time you order something what their price breaks are. You may find that you can take advantage of some. We have found very, very few distributors, manufacturers who don't have tiered pricing. And the better customer you are based on $ you order from them, the more likely they are to make special pricing just for you. Or at least that's what we have found. One mfg rep we deal with gave us true deal that was half what everyone else was selling for - delivered. When I realized it, I asked why we were getting such a great deal. He said that he was giving us pricing "too good to be true" to keep us as customers and fix it so that we would never consider other suppliers. He was right. Normally, we do a lot of research on raw materials pricing, but with this company we don't. And we have pulled away from other suppliers to give them the business. Freight companies operate this way.