Sending gifts...

andrealh1975

Have any of you ever sent someone well known/famous any of the items you make? For instance, you read that a singer or actress loves lavendar AND candles or someone happens to be from your hometown and you send them a nice little package with some of the goodies you make. Has anyone thought of this, what do you think?

True, but there still is that chance that the celebrity will get it and LOVE it and place a huge order and tell all their celebrity friends!!! LOL Of course, that's in a perfect world!

Even thought about sending something really nice to Oprah and see if it becomes one of her "Favorite Things"!! Now everybody don't go sending stuff to Oprah!!!

No, I never have, and I don't know what would posess someone to do such a thing. Why someone famous? IMO there is no difference between doing this and sending a free candle or gift to Hillbilly Chuck from Timbucktoo...ohhhhh I get it, you're wanting the famous person to get your candle, light it, fall in love with it, and spread the word? Make YOU famous too? This doesn't seem in the least bit silly to you? Ahh well... good luck with all that! :)

No, I never have, and I don't know what would posess someone to do such a thing. Why someone famous? IMO there is no difference between doing this and sending a free candle or gift to Hillbilly Chuck from Timbucktoo...ohhhhh I get it, you're wanting the famous person to get your candle, light it, fall in love with it, and spread the word? Make YOU famous too? This doesn't seem in the least bit silly to you? Ahh well... good luck with all that! :)

Actually, I HAVE sent/given some of my products to random people and have even gotten orders from them...It has nothing to do with wanting to be famous, believe me I'd rather not have all the attention. I just wanted to see what others thought!

Actually, I think it's a good idea, as good an idea as anything else. I was watching a show a while back, Cribs or something, and there was an older lady on there, that makes CUPS for just about every famous rap star that there is. These cups are like wine cups, decorated with different styles. Diamonds, and other things. She makes TONS of money off of these, just because one famous person saw it, liked it, and asked for one. Then, of course, everyone had to have one. It never hurts to try. It's not LIKELY to happen, but ANYTHING is possible. How does anyone accomplish anything without trying?

Guest EMercier

Honestly, that's how some have gotten out there. I can't remember what candle company it was, but a celeb got a hold of one of their candles (they were small like we all are here) and blew up from there, mostly catering to celebs. No this person is not a celeb, but I saw one candle was close to $60. Plain uncolored candle with a "special" scent. It was some mixture. If I can find the website, I'll share. I just don't think this was meant for anyone to try to get famous. Honestly, when a celeb does a interview they have more things to promote about themselves than a candle. You just might be clientel and good business from it. Weddings, showers, gifts. I think that's the whole point. Just a dream! :D

Guest EMercier
Actually, I think it's a good idea, as good an idea as anything else. I was watching a show a while back, Cribs or something, and there was an older lady on there, that makes CUPS for just about every famous rap star that there is. These cups are like wine cups, decorated with different styles. Diamonds, and other things. She makes TONS of money off of these, just because one famous person saw it, liked it, and asked for one. Then, of course, everyone had to have one. It never hurts to try. It's not LIKELY to happen, but ANYTHING is possible. How does anyone accomplish anything without trying?

Those were PIMP cups! That is the most gaudiest thing I've ever seen! She's doing her thing though. I can't knock her for that. She took a chance.

Well, if you have upscale products it can get you some good publicity I think. An example that came to my mind is www.babygiftbasketco.com. These are baby gifts, not candles, but someone I happen to know. I have seen other sites too where their products are mentioned as either being a favorite of a "celebrity" or featured in a prominent magazine because they took the initiative to get the word out about their product.

Laura :)

Well more power to you girls...maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age?! When I think of taking the initiative to get my name "out there" this idea just never crossed my mind. And even once I did think about it after reading here, it just didn't make a lick of sense to me lol, but hey, if you've got nothing to lose...go get 'em.

i think that if you want your business to grow, it's a great effective way of getting there. i was recently asked to provide some product to go in some vip gift bags for a magazine launch party, hosted by a local radio station. boutique owners, models, designers, etc will be there...who knows who will end up with them, but if it means a couple of boutiques want to carry the line...great! who knows if it would have happened another way...sometimes it's all about timing

Well, if you have upscale products it can get you some good publicity I think. An example that came to my mind is www.babygiftbasketco.com. These are baby gifts, not candles, but someone I happen to know. I have seen other sites too where their products are mentioned as either being a favorite of a "celebrity" or featured in a prominent magazine because they took the initiative to get the word out about their product.

Laura :)

Those baskets are too cute!:grin2:

Not yet but I'm going to. There was a book I read last year and a line in that book stuck in my head. I kept reading it and reading it and felt it would be a great name for a soap. So I did soap it, and it came out beautiful. I'd like to send her a bar of that, at least in appreciation for the inspiration. In fact the original note I wrote is still taped to my computer

Not yet but I'm going to. There was a book I read last year and a line in that book stuck in my head. I kept reading it and reading it and felt it would be a great name for a soap. So I did soap it, and it came out beautiful. I'd like to send her a bar of that, at least in appreciation for the inspiration. In fact the original note I wrote is still taped to my computer

Julia, I say go for it!!! You never know until you try it. :D

Since my husband meets with alot of people in the music industry, comedians and slowly moving into the film industry...I have had the opportunity to do gift bags/baskets for record releases of well-known artists. I have to put together 3 baskets for valentines to go with a give away to a concert in denver colorado.

I get calls from some of the record labels record reps ocassionally for orders....for personal and business. Send off the invoice and whaalllaaah...check is in the mail.

Guest EMercier
Since my husband meets with alot of people in the music industry, comedians and slowly moving into the film industry...I have had the opportunity to do gift bags/baskets for record releases of well-known artists. I have to put together 3 baskets for valentines to go with a give away to a concert in denver colorado.

I get calls from some of the record labels record reps ocassionally for orders....for personal and business. Send off the invoice and whaalllaaah...check is in the mail.

Can you send some of that business my way!? I'm on the east coast. If not, I could use a new day job in public relations! :D