Ball FreshTec Electric Canner

MLG

Actually, that looks pretty cool. But I have never heard of anyone using one before so not 100% its safe for candlemaking. Should be but maybe someone here knows more.

Hold 7 quarts. That's about 14 lbs of wax.

I like that you can cook with it too and that it's not just for canning. Also, a pour spout is a great feature to have for candlemaking. If you do decide to get it would you report back and give a review? I'd love to hear about it.

• Like 1

I looked at it but was afraid because it's not made to heat oil.  Now if you're going to use it as a double boiler type it would work.

For exactly same price with shipping I found a new in box Four Seasons Masterbuilt fryer/steamer.  Fired it up and it's awesome.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

Candybee - I am unsure of it as well. It looked to me like it has a "temp" control on it, so I thought I might check it out. At best it will work great. If nothing else, I can make salsa :) LOL

kandlekrazy - I'll have to check out the Four Seasons Fryer! Thanks for the input!

I will definitely report back if I get brave enough to purchase.

My only question would be what the inside is made of. It has a high heat capacity to cook soups, veggies, stews, as well as volume canning boiling so it should be versatile enough to also heat wax. But if the inside is a coating like teflon or whatever then I would say no. Stainless steel okay.

Another question is how long would it take to melt the wax if you filled it? Is the heat evenly distributed? It could work just fine but just not sure.