My oh my!

They just opened a new Hobby Lobby in town in the old Walmart building. First time I'd been in one. Guess I'm gonna have to play with container paraffin and see what all I can do with it. That's the only wax they have, but it's 9.99 for a #10 slab. Then 40% off internet coupons that can be used once a day. Can't beat .60 pp! Oh my, they have so many goodies there to play with :D

I love hobby lobby for odds and ends stuff and of course for the sales. ;)

I picked up 2 pink and 2 light green little containers of mica tonight for 50 cents each. It's enough to play around with. I try not to go anywhere near the place on payday though.

Ditto on the Sunday thing... pissed me off the first time I tried to go on a Sunday and they were closed.

They just opened a new Hobby Lobby in town in the old Walmart building. First time I'd been in one. Guess I'm gonna have to play with container paraffin and see what all I can do with it. That's the only wax they have, but it's 9.99 for a #10 slab. Then 40% off internet coupons that can be used once a day. Can't beat .60 pp! Oh my, they have so many goodies there to play with :D

That actually a really great price (without the coupon) for buying a slab of wax in a hobby store... I think if I tried that here I would be even more broke than I already am...lol..I think I saw a slab at JoAnn Fabrics for almost $20? I'll have to check that out next time I'm in there.

When I first decided to get into this, I'd driven a good distance to a Michaels and had paid around $18 for that first slab of wax, so I know this is a good price locally. It doesn't actually say container wax, but the mp is 133 to 135. It's kinda at the half way point in between container and pillar. I figure it'll be good for dipping bears at any rate. With additives, it might get hard enough for pillars since the mp is low slightly lower than 1343. Not Yaley brand, but Crafter's something. I printed off 4 coupons and going to make a few stops there for wax :D I found the cutest little fuzzy pink sweater too. Think it'll make an adorable Valentines bear :yay: I saw some beeswax that I would've like to try, but it was $11 for a 1lb block! I'll have to look at the mica the next time I stop in.

michal's here in louisiana is 24.99 for yaley's wax 11 # it is getting crazy kinda looking forward to our move to houseton in the up coming months hopefully they have more to offer.

that girl

Michael's stores here in Phoenix also went up to the unGodly price of 24.99 where Joann's (last time I was there) was still 19.99. Michael's has definately priced themselves outta my budget. I've used a ton of this Yaley's wax - it's a 148 mp and always required wicking up quite a bit for proper burn but does give some nice rustics & mottles.