Transitioning from Bulb Warmer to Melting Plate Warmers...have questions

denetteb

So, I was at my local Batteries + Bulbs the other day to buy some small halogen bulbs for some light fixtures I have under my kitchen cabinets.  They only had a few in stock and this sparked some conversation about the direction the light bulb market is going...and it is LED.  He said that once they sell out of their halogen, florescent, and filament bulbs they will transition completely to LED...they give off no heat, last a decade or more and use very little energy (great for houses, but not so much for bulb warmers).  This got me thinking about how much longer I will be able to use my bulb warmers before I will not be able to use them anymore.  I am not opposed to using the melting plate type warmers, but I am wondering if anyone knows of any that don't heat up so hot?  Do any of you use hot plate type warmers that don't burn off your FO too fast...the one that I have gets really hot (candle warmer w/ramekin).  If so, any great recommendations of places to get some cute and fashionable ones?   :)

The only hot plate warmer I've used are from candle warmers. They work pretty good as far as I know but I don't have anything to compare them too except my bulb warmers, which if they're the tin ones the paint starts peeling off of the bowl, I'm guessing due to getting too hot.

• 2 months later...

I hear lots of buzz about the glade electric warmer.  I think it's 20w.  I have both bulb and hot plate warmers from candle warmers.  I prefer the bulb warmers.  My hot plate warmer gets hot, but I can touch the bowl (even after using the warmer for 2-3 days).  Almost makes me feel like there is something wrong with it.  

I would think the vendors like candle warmers would always carry the bulbs for the warmers they sell....I have always bought my replacement bulbs thru them but if the markets are going all led we may see bulb warmers go extinct

I personally use the hot plate ones because they are hotter and give me a stronger throw