The Fall Bug

chuck_35550

Ok, cleaned up the lab last night and got everything ready for soaping and chandlering. Got a ton of new fos to play with and some new recipes to try out. Can't you smell the pumpkin in the air? So tonight will be an intensive effort to restore my passion for handcrafting soaps and candles. Get out the goats milk, organic aloe vera juice and line up the micas for an orgiastic event that will hopefully leave me satisfied and renewed about my talents. Wow, how does late summer do this to me?

Steve

It does it to me too. 

We just bought a ton of shelving to help get me organized, and I will be working on putting those up and getting everything organized and categorized, etc, so that I can go full fledged next weekend or the next after. Before you know it, it's going to be Halloween, and too late to make up anything for the season! 

I need to find some of those Halloween pumpkins with the witches hats again. They sold really well for a couple of seasons. You're right about how quickly the fall season gets here and then its the Christmas (endurance) season. Need to start ordering more stuff I guess, but first got to get through the initial butt off of couch or out of recliner, lol.

• Like 1

I was just thinking the same thing, that it's time for me to start making fall scented soaps. I just bought a new mold and is excited to use it. I need more fall scents, I'm waiting for Peaks 15% off fragrance sale which should be coming up in a few days. I love their fragrances they're a lil pricey but I think they have great fragrance oils.

Soaped FB's Breath of God and Lust. Also AH/RE's Purple Sandalwood. Used a slow moving recipe for the two FB fragrances and used hanger method swirl and the twirling swirl in my slab. Both fos behaved beautifully but I hate Lust and Breath of God is very light. Lust smells like moth balls and patch (Poison perfume) and its very strong. Breath of God is very clean but subtle to the point of being invisible. Purple Sandalwood is a weird red color but it didn't discolor the soap and stuck very well only using 1 ounce for a two pound test mold. Two of the soaps used 100% organic aloe vera juice for the liquid and the other was 100% goat milk. I had plenty of time to swirl and really enjoyed playing with the micas.  HTH

Steve

I got a sample of FB's Dead Sexy by Tokyo Milk that smells awesome OOB. Also got some Baby Grace but its so light OOB don't know if it will CP well. But I am definitely gonna get a bigger bottle of the Dead Sexy to soap. I just love this fragrance! If it smells as good in CP as it does OOB it will make a perfect soap fragrance!

I didn't realize that its a OMH type scent. Sounds promising and I may give it a try next time I order oils from FB.

Always on the lookout for a good OMH. I've been using AH's version too. Its pretty good but so far nothing beats Pure Fragrance Oils (Southern Garden's) OMH. Just don't like the price or ordering from them as too many of their oils are just too pricey.

Update from week-end soaping. soaped FB Ancient Incense, wow, very nice and had plenty of swirl time. Autumn Nights is wonderful but accelerated on me, but maybe it was the cocoa butter, turned out very nice with a five color hanger swirl. Breath of God gets better but not stronger and my wife identified the strong note in Lust as Gardenia. Going to cut that in half due to strength but don't like it anyway. Used my Brambleberry 9 bar slab with silicone liner and loved the great gel I was able to get with it. I bought the mold from the maker and saved a few bucks, wish he had the silicone liner too. Bought the adjustable hanger tool from BB and its kinda neat, was able to use it on several different size molds. Ta ta.

Steve

So far I have only soaped the Goddess from FB. It's really nice in CP and smells like the original one from SGS/Old Mill? Forgot who made it! But it doesn't fade or morph. Does discolor a bit but I was doing a greenish soap anyway so the color came out nice.

Can't wait to soap the Dead Sexy. On my list to soap in the near future. I should be getting my order with American Cream today but haven't seen the UPS guy yet! Had to order some more Goddess so added the American Cream and a 4oz sample Dead Sexy so I could make a bigger batch of that.

I should check my front door again and see if my package has arrived yet...

LOL, you poor child! I must say that FB seems to have a great track record for fos that behave in cp. There is a repeating pattern in their fragrances that falls into the perfumery approach but hopefully that will be good with customers. Let me know what you think (should have gotten some Let Them Eat Cake).

Got my package. The American Cream smells a little funky... like ant spray and creamy sugary milk. Hopefully its one of those FOs that blossoms in soap otherwise its kind of a stinker. But the Dead Sexy I am liking more and more and haven't soaped it yet! Can't wait til I get to it.... alas, it will have to wait because I have a few soap batches I have to get done this week. Sigh..