lid for Libbey 12oz Square/ Dollar Tree

Hi Goldie,

Well I made up some samples and did in different finishes this past weekend.  I have to poly them and leave some without a top coat just to see.  Actually they really are not time consuming.....well just perfecting a design in the beginning takes time and it would be like a production line just like how we all make candles when we are doing a vast amount.  But once I narrow down exactly what I want, it would move along very fast.  I love doing things like this as when I had my store I primarily did high end custom woodwork of furnishings and wooden cornice boards, so this comes actually very natural and easy for me.  Can't wait to get them finished and I'll get some pictures up.  

Trappeur

• Like 1

Are you going to stain them different colors? What kind of wood are you using? And do you know if someone gets enough, what your price point might be?

I ordered some from here a while back: http://www.woodlid.com/  I was both pleased and displeased with them, but my main hangup was the printjob on my logo wasn't anywhere near the quality as the sample they sent, and my graphic designer told me there's no reason they should have had any issue with the quality of file I sent. I haven't contacted them as I'm not dissatisfied, they were clear it was an experimental process at this point for them and I knew that going in. Everyone else seems to like them 100% and don't seem to notice the pixellated look, which to be fair, you have to look at very closely to even see. They stain them different colors too, and that's cool.

Oh yeah, I use mainly the 12 Oz Status jar which I know is one of your favorites as well. I am exclusively using this until my testing is done, then will branch out into the 21 Oz status, which is the same diameter. I REALLY like that NCOM lid you posted, and if you can figure out something like that but different stained colors I would definitely check that out.

So you know, woodlid.com (aka candleart.com) uses a southern yellow pine. He told me his cost would triple if he used any other wood. The grain pattern on each is wildly different, but I like that. I think people would be pleased with any ole wood, just letting you know what I heard was inexpensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg,  you guys, C Dizzle, Sledge, Goldie and everyone else I forgot to report back....well I've got them made and stained.  I just poly'd the rest of them.  They came out beautiful.  I just made a few days ago a few more square libby jars and the status like you have C Dizzle so I could put the lids on top and take pictures of them for everyone and then put up some pictures.  Give me another day or so to do this.  Now I just have to figure out what I would even sell these things for.  I would really like to do this..But at lease let me get some pictures up first and see what everyone thinks.  

Trappeur

• Like 1