Jasmine - Candlewic

VioletFlame

2 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Yes you should try their ultimate & bold scents. The Voodoo love is nice & strong :) Storm Watch ,Lavender Lemons ,Gingerbread spice cake ,Cranberry Chutney & so much more. How much soy do you add to the 129 ? If you do not mind sharing :)

I recently ordered the 220 & 230 soy & want to blend 50-50 to see if the combo makes a nice tart .I normally use all paraffin . I highly recommend CW ultimate & bold scents . I have tried most all of these & only had a few I did not care for ,overall fantastic strong scents. I cannot leave out Wild Maine blueberry & Maple Butter. Both of these are must haves for me ,amazing strong scents .The WM Blueberry is great for blending too. You will not be disappointed .CW is one of my main suppliers UB scents:)

Kathy

I add 10% soy, just enough to give it a little more opacity. But I tell you what, I have gotten some brilliant colors with the 129, and with melts you don't have to worry about wicking issues if you use a lot of dye. Sometimes if I want a softer melt I'll go up to 20% soy. Lavender Lemons sounds great! I have daughter who is a lemon lover and a daughter who is a lavender lover, so that sounds like a win for my house, lol. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I add 10% soy, just enough to give it a little more opacity. But I tell you what, I have gotten some brilliant colors with the 129, and with melts you don't have to worry about wicking issues if you use a lot of dye. Sometimes if I want a softer melt I'll go up to 20% soy. Lavender Lemons sounds great! I have daughter who is a lemon lover and a daughter who is a lavender lover, so that sounds like a win for my house, lol. 

Thank you for sharing ! I definitely recommend CW Lavender Lemon ,it is the Yankee version & the absolute best I have found .I have tried many co & settled on CW  ,so strong and has a wonderful aroma :) I may try a little soy with my paraffin . I like a creamy looking tart . I hear soy gives bakery scents a really nice throw .I will let you know how my blends turn out.

I just received 220 & 230  soy from CW ,ordered 5 lb sample bags to start with .I love the way this wax is tiny little granules ,looks so easy to use . I have to take a hammer to my 129 ,hurts my neck & wrist to beat a 50 pound case into small chunks .I do like the 129 for many scents .I also use 4630 + 4625 with some fragrances as well. Thank you bunches & please do try the Lavender Lemon ,promise you will Love this one :)

45 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I will be more than happy to send you a sample of the Lavender Lemon CW. I always keep this one in stock .I order the 1 pound bottles :)

On 7/27/2015 at 10:31 AM, VioletFlame said:

If you happen to find yourself ordering the Jasmine scent from Candlewic, I'd highly suggest purchasing a 1 ounce bottle tester beforehand. By some miracle, Candlewic has somehow managed to create a scent to the exact specifications of a "Porto-potty." The scent does not smell like feces, but rather like whatever cleaner they use to mask the feces smell. I suppose the scent is alright for anyone who has never used a porto-potty, but if you have, then this fragrance will surely remind you of it. I swear the scent even leaves a urine aftertaste. It's a great scent for a gag gift candle however. Least to say, I did not use this scent in my candle production.

Does it make me bad that I laugh snorted at this one? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I love CW's wax! I use CBL-125 with a bit of Soy 125 for my container candles, so far it's been easy to wick and get great throw from most FOs. I also use the CBL-129 and soy for some of my tarts, it's the blend I use in clamshells. Nice and hard, great throw.

I've only used one of their FO's, the frosted pine. It's nice, great throw, just not super exciting. :)

You're really making me want to try some more though! I've had my eye on Voodoo Love and the Cider donut one.

I really like the Apple Cider Donut, as well as many other of Candlewic's FO's.  Some I like are:

Cranapple Spice

Pumpkin Chai

Pomegranate Cider

Sugared Vanilla Shortbread

These are really good OOB but I haven't put them in wax yet:

White Mulberry Cedar

Cranberry Chutney

Black Tea, Orange & Almond

For Spring/Summer I truly love Berry Tangerine.  Also like Summer Fresh and Lemongrass Sage.

I use a lot of CW's FO - the Autumn Leaves is awesome.  A few others that I love are

Patchouli -it's not like the EO - I rename it Hippie Freak or Sweet Patchouli

Pumpkin Ginger Streusel

Lemongrass Sage

Snickerdoodle

Pomegranate Cider

Sugared Vanilla Shortbread - I tried to get this as a freebie last time but it was OOS.

Next time I order I'm getting the Lemon Lavender