Anyone Tried This Wood Wicking Company?

I have started wood wicking some of my candles. Of course I am still in the testing stage and have tried wood wicks from various sources. So far, NG have done the best for me. However, I am curious about another company I ran across yesterday. Has anyone purchased wood wicks from WoodCandleWick.com?

http://www.woodcandlewick.com

post-14813-0-43477400-1437485733_thumb.j

I love their lids. I'm thinking about ordering a sample pack of the lids and wicks. So far I've had decent luck with the wood wicks and this site does offer support. I thought that was a plus for them (not to mention - wood wicks is their business).

Guest OldGlory

I have tried wood wicks from several sources (not the one you provided the link for) and prefer the wicks from BCN. They really give me the best burn.

I have ordered from them.  I ordered wood wicks just to try them out and decided I did not want to go in that direction.  I also order the wood lids from them and have them customized and their customer support is superb!  Very helpful.  I recommend them!

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

For those who have ordered the lids, is the customization just a label on the top? The lids look great and are an awesome price.

From what I understand, the information is imprinted or burnt onto the lid. You provide them with the logo, etc and they will customize it for you - I'm not sure if there is an initial setup fee.

@pcbrook - did you not like their wicks or just woodwicks in general? I'm also glad to hear you are using their lids.

Edited by MLG

Guest OldGlory

I apologize - I am not understanding, lol. Do they apply a label to the top of the lid or burn into the wood or print directly on the wood...?

I'm sorry. My last post made no sense at all. From what I understand, your information is imprinted or burnt onto the lid. I'm not sure if there is an initial setup fee or not. I'm going to call here in a bit and get a more precise answer from them.

Pcbrook - I just checked out your website and I love the look of the wood lids. Is your logo burnt on the lid or imprinted on them?

It is stamped on.  You send them the picture and then they set it up.  I first sent them a PDF file but they could not get it to work so good and they went the extra mile to figure out another file to use so that the lids would look good.  Their prices are very competitive.  

I found nothing wrong with the wood wicks.  Just decided to not go that way.  I personally am not too keen on the wood wicks so I guess that is why!  :)  

• Like 1

Those wood tube candle wicks look neat....I have never seen them before! How did they burn? Crackle? Those lids are pretty too! Those two items would make for some stand out awesome candle jars for Fall and Winter....hmmmm.... :)

Edited by puma52

I thought the tubes were awesome looking. I've never burned the tubes, but I am going to try them. I'm going to try and place an order tomorrow for a sample pack of lids and wicks. And if I've read the site correctly, tube wicks are included as well.

I used the tubes right away because they looked so incredibly cool. It has been a while, but i think they are designed to work with the traditional wick to give a boost. I just shoved them right on in to the container around the poured wick. It was neat at first, but in my short tins i don't remember being wowed.

Edited by TallTayl

• 4 weeks later...

I have a "wood wick newbie" question :) When you double wick ( back to back) do you do anything special to the wicks? As I'm standing here looking at my wicks, I'm wondering what keeps these wicks from separating while burning (or not burning). I have some from NG and theirs are two thin wicks pressed together. It actually looks like one wick. I'm trying to use the ones I purchased from WoodCandleWick.com, but I'm not sure what I'm doing here! LOL! Help please :) :) :)