Scent Anchor for Citrus in 6006

Grani L

I just reordered Sweet Orange Chili Pepper from NG- I have always got a Fuel smell with this scent. I will test this time in 6006. I had called a candle company and asked this question. They suggested to cut back on the FO. which I done previously to 5%. My question is, is there another scent I could blend with it that could help to anchor it and deter the fuel smell? Thanks.

Edited by Grani L

Have you tried another supplier? What I have noticed over the years is that the same fragrance can/does smell significantly different between 2 or 3 different suppliers. For example, I ordered Pink Sugar from NG and reordered it from CS (in order to save shipping cost) and there was a distinct difference between the two. While there was nothing wrong with the CS version, my nose much preferred NG - and quite honestly, it throws better for me.

Would starting at 50% be a good place to start? So 3% vanilla and 3% of the Citrus Scent? - I hope I can get this to throw. Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper is such a beautiful scent.

You could, but it may overwhelm the citrus and you will get a lot of vanilla and very little citrus. I usually use my typical 6% and then add about 5-10 drops of vanilla. Sometimes I will do a 5.5% citrus to a .5% vanilla ratio... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...