Comparable?

Thank you!

I've been testing the 415 and 464 today. In my opinion, I like the 415 better because it's easier to wick and has a stronger hot throw. I have heard that the 444 is even better than the 415 in regards to hot throw. I've already purchased so much wax, I just don't want to get the 444 if the scent throw is the same as the 415.

Please help out this newbie. I keep coming across these comments about how this or that wax or FO is a "bear to wick", and here a wax is "easier to wick". I don't understand. What makes it hard or easy? Is it hard when you have to keep choosing a different wick because the ones you have already tested with don't work? So you end up having to use a wick that you never would have guessed based on the size of the candle or something? Hope y'all can clear this up for me. :)

Please help out this newbie. I keep coming across these comments about how this or that wax or FO is a "bear to wick", and here a wax is "easier to wick". I don't understand. What makes it hard or easy? Is it hard when you have to keep choosing a different wick because the ones you have already tested with don't work? So you end up having to use a wick that you never would have guessed based on the size of the candle or something? Hope y'all can clear this up for me. :)

Yes that's basically what it means. And every variable is different, so what works for one person, may not work for another. Some waxes due to their composition, such as soy, are harder to wick than say paraffin. Then some fragrances can change the wicking and some fragrances are harder to find the right wick to burn effectively and safely, like vanillas. There is much more to it, but that is a basic description of what it means when people say their combo's are hard to wick. It means they have used or tried the "typical" methods and they did not work, so they had to go beyond the "norm" to get the candle 

• Like 1

Chuck and Hensly

Thanks for the input. I started out with 464 because I watched candle science's video on "how to make a soy candle" and that is what they recommended. I wasn't getting a great hot throw from it so I tried 415. I already like the 415 better than the 464, but before I purchase the 444 I just wanted some opinions on it. I have tried some paraffin wax but I do prefer soy over it.