Element's Toasted Oats & Shea

Candybee

Got this as a sample from EBB and WOW! I love this! It smells like a cross between toasted coconut and oatmeal, milk & honey.

Has anyone tried this one in either candles or soap? I'm thinking of CP'ing this with a little sandalwood mixed in.

I was buying some Awapuhi fragrance to test it in my shampoo bars. This is a new one for me too. Can't wait to make shampoo bars with this!

So far I am liking both fragrances OOB but I was really happy I got the Toasted Oats & Shea. It has a lovely toasted bakery scent but still lovely for both soap and candles.

I just wish I had gotten a 4oz bottle so I could soap it. The little sample vials they send are not enough to do anything with except get an idea of the scent.

But I will definitely give this one a try. It may have just enough toasted oat scent to give my soap a little toasted sweet coconuty note.

I was looking at their site and they sure have a lot of beautiful sounding oils.  Their oils are not cheap but they really aren't that bad especially if they are that nice.......So the free samples they send are not the typical 1 ouncers?

Boy I sure could see you making soap in that fragrance that is for for sure!  I bet it would FLY with sales.  Just the name alone is beautiful.

Trappeur

I have long ago when I did M&P soap. Haven't tried it with CP. Don't know if it would survive the lye monster. You are right Rice Flower & Shea is really elegant in soap. I have about 1/4oz left in an old bottle from BW that I have been keeping so I remember what the scent smells like. BW's version has a lovely note of anise in it.

Edited by Candybee

I have their lavender and although its nice its not special in CP. I'm still looking for a replacement for SGS/Pure Fragrance Oil's expensive $30 a lb Lavender. Giving CS a try next. Used it before but can't remember how I liked it.

For EBB some of my favorites that are awesome in soap and candles are:

Bamboo Sugarcane

Bedtime Bath J&J type

Blueberry Lemon Verbena

Ginger Lime (double awesome in CP!! my best seller!)

Green Irish Tweed

Honey L Occitaine (love this pure golden honey fragrance without the comb or floral notes, straight golden honey)

Juniper Aloe ( lovely fresh scent another awesome soap and B&B scent)

Manuka Lavender Body Wrap (this lavender is definitely a keeper! its more of a high end spa lavender, hard to explain)

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey (not as good as SGS/Pure Fragrance but a good runner up!)

Patchouli Honey (one word: AWESOME! in CP and candles)

Rocky Mountains - Flicker's (fantastic in CP and candles, one of my fav pines, very feminine, soft yet strong)

Sea Island Grapefruit - stick in CP, very citrusy, smells just like red grapefruit

Sensuous Black Rose - sticks in CP, lots of soapers like it but to me its just NOT as nice as MW's Gypsy Rose, however FB has a spot on dupe of Gypsy Rose

Tuscan Lace - awesome in M&P, haven't tried it in CP, very clean fabric type scent, feminine, customers love it

Wild Honeysuckle - another awesome sticker in CP, customers who love honeysuckle love this

Those are the ones I have tried. I used to buy from Flickers a lot so when it was sold to Elements I started trying out their oils as well. Still many I have not tried yet.

I am beginning to like EBB's oils better over AH/RE and Soapalooza. I have better success CP'ing them.