Shows or events this weekend 6/5/15

Hi There! Yes I did a 2 day show this past weekend here in Atlanta called Summer ICE. It was lots of fun! 2 other candle makers were there as well with really great products too! It was hels in the Georgia Freight Depot. One of the oldest standing building still in Atlanta. This was my first show I was able to ever do in the summer months and so I was able to show my spring and summer line of candles. My husband helped me out as he always does. We did very well not like the holiday shows but still a great show for this time of year. I hope to go back again next year. Preparing for my next show in September now as well the rest of the season. This is my display below. I purchased a new banner and have decided to not show soaps anymore. I love doing them but they are  ot a big seller for me. I feel my passion lies with my candles. Our spaces were very small only 6X5 and I purchased and extra half a space above that. Next year I will just stick with the 6X5 though. I found I had too many choices for most people. LOL! Hope you enjoy the pic. ;-)

• Like 1

Hi There! Yes I did a 2 day show this past weekend here in Atlanta called Summer ICE. It was lots of fun! 2 other candle makers were there as well with really great products too! It was hels in the Georgia Freight Depot. One of the oldest standing building still in Atlanta. This was my first show I was able to ever do in the summer months and so I was able to show my spring and summer line of candles. My husband helped me out as he always does. We did very well not like the holiday shows but still a great show for this time of year. I hope to go back again next year. Preparing for my next show in September now as well the rest of the season. This is my display below. I purchased a new banner and have decided to not show soaps anymore. I love doing them but they are  ot a big seller for me. I feel my passion lies with my candles. Our spaces were very small only 6X5 and I purchased and extra half a space above that. Next year I will just stick with the 6X5 though. I found I had too many choices for most people. LOL! Hope you enjoy the pic. ;-)

I guess my pic did not take so heres the link to it on my pinterest page.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/28217935142375074/

Nice set up!! glad you had a great show!

I just got back from my Wed market. I also have a Friday and Saturday market so tomorrow I will restock my inventory that sold today. Working 3 markets a week is giving me little time to make soap, get personal stuff done, or do yard work. But the soap has to be made so I will be doing that after Sat.

I had a great day at today's market. This particular market is at a mountain resort with mountain biking, trails, zipline, golf course, its own private airport and of course winter sports activities for when there is snow on the mountain. I like doing this market because of all the tourists. After July 4th when the kids get out of school the market will be really busy.

• Like 1

Just got back from my Friday market. I left a couple hours early due to the rain. Sigh..... again.. more rain! I as so sick and tired of my stuff getting wet and having to relabel. So rather than take a chance I left early. I have another market tomorrow. Guess what the forecast is calling for? You guessed, more rain! Hopefully they may just be evening showers. So if its sunny in the morning I'll go.

Just got back from my Friday market. I left a couple hours early due to the rain. Sigh..... again.. more rain! I as so sick and tired of my stuff getting wet and having to relabel. So rather than take a chance I left early. I have another market tomorrow. Guess what the forecast is calling for? You guessed, more rain! Hopefully they may just be evening showers. So if its sunny in the morning I'll go.

I hope your market goes better today. I don't like the rain either for outdoor shows. I'm praying the two I have this fall have good weather.

• Like 1

I hope your market goes better today. I don't like the rain either for outdoor shows. I'm praying the two I have this fall have good weather.

The weather held although it was very humid. Sales were slow today but okay. Had a couple new customers. What I love about new customers is once I can get them to try my soap they will come back and spend more!!

Dog soaps, pumice scrubs, shampoo bars, shaving soaps, and facial bars are big sellers for me. I am so glad I decided last year to make 'specialty' soaps instead of just one type of bath bar. Not only do I have specialty soaps I have different types of bath bars. My customers love having choices for a good bath soap.

Guest OldGlory

Candybee, how do you cool yourself off when you have shows outside? It's in the low 90's down here, apparent temperature is in the mid to high 90's and it's way too hot to be outside. A lot like San Antonio, just a smidge less humid.

You bring a cooler full of ice and cold water and drinks. I also have a blue canopy that shades better than a white and keeps out 99% of the UV rays.

I'm from southern California so I thrive in 90 degree weather. Its the humidity that kills you!... and the 'skeeters & nats!!