FO Supplier

Ingrid

I have noticed that there are a lot of suppliers of fo's out there. I purchased an existing candle business last spring and the previous owners used fo's from Connies Candles in Ohio. I have also seen that you all seem to use 1 oz to 1.5 oz per lb of wax for your candles. I was told to use 2 oz per lb for the container wax J50 or J223 and 2 oz per lb for the votive wax 6228,

Does anyone have and opinion on Connies Candles. I have seen that a lot of you like Just Scent and Peaks. Would appreciate any opinions.

Ingrid

I dont agree - It depends on the individual oils yes and the wicking... you can go as high in the amount of oil as you need to.. TEST TEST TEST

Well you can technically add as much fo as you want, but it will just bleed out of the candle and can become a fire hazard.

I agree that 2 oz. per pound would probably bleed out of the candle, which definitely can cause a fire hazard...I use one of the best waxes for holding the most scent, and I can't even go over 1.5 oz. per pound or it leaks. I have tried a FEW of Connie's Candles FO's and I was not impressed...to me, they were very weak. BUT, that was only a few and her other ones may be fabulous- you'll just need to try them and see if they're what you're looking for.