Blending waxes for tarts

Jcandleattic

I know, this topic has been beat to death, but in cleaning out my soap/candle room, I ran across 2.5 slabs of OK6228 (anybody remember that awful wax?? LOL) 

So instead of just tossing it, or making fire-starters out of it, I'm going to try and blend it with my container wax and see how good of tarts they will make. 

Anybody suggest a ratio? (OK6228 is a pillar blend wax; very hard and opaque) 

I was thinking of trying either a 50/50 ratio, or 75/25 pillar/container. 

What do y'all think? 

Guest OldGlory

I have been using 100% container wax in clamshells - I think I would try 25% pillar and 75% container depending on how soft the container wax is. Maybe less pb.

I remember that wax! It was my first pillar wax. I may still have a few chunks of it left. I think I would do a 50/50 container/pillar blend. Really depends on your mold.

I also used to use that wax for clamshells before at 100%. What I really liked about it was how nicely you could break off the pieces and how they came out cleanly from the shells. My melts had great hot throw too in every melter I tried them in.

Edited by Candybee

I have been using 100% container wax in clamshells - I think I would try 25% pillar and 75% container depending on how soft the container wax is. Maybe less pb.

It's J50, so pretty soft. No way would it come out of a clamshell on it's own. 

I use 4625 & 4786 half & half in my melts.  Works good.

Yeah, I have my regular blend for tarts that I use, but this will be "special" and most likely just for me. 

I actually HATE, double HATE with a passion HATE the OK6228 - but at the same time, I just cannot throw out that much wax. I just can't do it. LOL So I have to find a use for it, and pillars are out of the question.