GB464

I went on a testing binge and finally tried a sample of 464. Did a 13oz candle with a small amount of paraffin. 1oz Christmee Tree from Fillmore Container and OMG, this candle is so strong! It smells as strong as my old J50 wax when Astor use to make it. Really impressed. Can't wait till tomorrow to make a few more testers with other scents. Does anyone else primarily use this wax?

Guest OldGlory

I have used this wax for many years, and it is my personal favorite. I get a very good HT from it and my clients love the performance. The down side for me is the frosting. Drives me crazy.

I used it for a couple years and it is a good wax- I just had issues with frost and after several months a few "grew" to the point of burying the wick and rather than figure it out and continue working with it I switched to 415 - which took me longer to figure out than if I had stuck with 464 but I am very happy with my choice

But it a great wax with wonderful throw and sets up very nice without having to wait hours to pour

That first Tester Really is good. I looked at it this morning to see hoe the tops setup and it looks just as smooth as when it was made. Ran out to the workshop and Just made another tester this morning, I hope the majority of my testers come out as strong and burn as clean. I ll keep you posted but this wax seems to be a great wax. Very creamy and great for mixing.

Edited by RMullen99

Guest OldGlory

I have had the expansion issue with this wax also. It is not a good idea to make 464 candles too far in advance for this reason. The wax expands to the point that it covers the wick and looks wierd. I would not buy a candle like that and I'm not going to sell a candle like that. (It sort of puffs up on the top, and not flat across the top.)

I wonder what causes that....christmas I pulled a box out that had some candles in it from probably 3 years ago- 464 christmas scents and they were so puffed up and so frosted....I digviut the wick and burned it just to see- once past the puff it burned ok and smelled great but I wouldn't sell them like that either and that's what made me switch- if people forget about it and pull it out and it looks like that- I have not had this issue with 415 at all within a 4 year set time- hey turned yellow from the sun but that is all

I wonder what I am doing wrong, because all of my candles I used 1 oz. fo to 1 lb. wax, tried 2 diff. wicks, got slight hot throw, strong cold.  Another scent I used 1.25 oz. per lb.  I am thinking it is the fo's themselves - some just don't throw strong hot i guess?? Like: Egyptian amber, Carribean Teakwood, lavender??  anybody? the canldes themselves come out beautifully, and strong cold scent.

The only scent i used in the 464 that has somewhat of a strong hot throw is nag champa.

Caribbean teakwood is very faint in soy- horribly faint actually - I have read many people say this not just me

Lavender should throw good though- what supplier because not all are created equal

What wicks are you using? That can make a world of difference