Bath Oil Recipe

Guest EMercier

Thank you so much for posting this one. DH has been driving me batty over a bath oil recipe. He came across some cute bottles he felt would be perfect for bath oils and hasn't let up on the subject. Just had to call him at work and let him know someone had posted a recipe for it. He's like a little kid now :rolleyes::D .

I found this recipe going through some of my other ones;

Sunflower Oil

Essential Oil

Container

Funnel

Pour sunflower oil through the funnel and into the corked container, leaving at least an inch from top to add 4 teaspoon of the essential oil per quart. Agitate the bottle gently and let it sit for two or three days before using.

• 2 weeks later...
I mean from the way it looks if it is jus EO's you can pre mix into a bottle but with out a preservative it would fade in 6 months

You don't need preservatives with just carrier oils and essential oils. EOs have preservative qualities anyway.

• 9 months later...

Just made and took a nice bath with this recipe and it was wonderful. Didnt have the eo,s so used skin safe fo,s instead and it was still wonderful. My skin has been very dry and flaky and now it feels soft as silk. This is a winner. I have to bottle this stuff, but for fo,s do you need a preservative? Lin

Here is the one I use it's wonderful

1 cup of apricot kernel oil(sweet almond)

1 cup of grapeseed oil

1/2 cup of sesame seed oil also known as sesame oil

1/2 cup of macadamia nut oil

3 tablespoons of Vitamin E Oil, (T-50) keeps oils from going rancid

1 tablespoon of fragrance/eo of choice or to taste/scent

Just mix all and bottle up ...

This is a very light, but penetrating oil blend

• 10 months later...

I'm sure that you could pretty much use any oil in itself. However, I would try to stick with light oils that will absorb fairly quickly into the skin after getting out of the bath. I personally don't want to feel like a greased pig after taking a bath lol My suggestion would be to try a little of the Apricot Kernel in the tub and see how you like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I found this receipe for a Bath Oil and going to try tonight. It calls for:

2 oz. Polysorbate 80 or 20

8 oz. sweet almond oil

.5 oz of essential oil

Vit E (optional if will be sitting for few months) .08 Vit E for 16 oz.

Says the Polysorbate make the oil disperse into the water and helps prevent an oily bath tub. You can also use apricot, grapeseed (but has a nutty odor so may not mix well with your scent), or other light oils.