PVC Pipe Soap Mold

7 Pawz

I poured a 3 lb batch of cp soap into a round pvc pipe sprayed with cooking spray and lined with freezer paper and then insulated.   After 12 hours or so, I took the insulation off and let the soap sit in the mold for about 3 days as it was still fairly soft.  I ended up freezing the soap about and hour before I could finally push it out of the mold.      

Does anyone have a better method that they use?  I may end up using pringles and peeling the sides away instead.  Thought about using crisco to grease the inside of the mold and not lining with freezer paper.

Any thoughts, please?  Thank you in adance

I don't let mine sit for 3 days, once it's been in the mold roughly 18-24 hours I freeze it solid (in the freezer for about 4 hours) then just push it out and then I will let it sit. 

PVC can be hard to unmold because there is no way for the water to evaporate except on the ends, so it doesn't shrink very much. I think once the molds are seasoned they release easier. 

Once I freeze mine they slide out much easier, but I do not prep them with any mold release or spray, I just make sure they are clean, then pour and haven't really had any problems... 

I line the inside with one of those thin flexible plastic chopping mats I get from the dollar store. Once my mat is inside I line that with freezer wrap. The soap slides right out all rolled up in the freezer wrap. I just peel away the freezer wrap. I also unmold my soap the next day so it doesn't sit for longer than 12 - 24 hours.

Edited by Candybee

Thank you everyone for your replies, I'm going to make another batch using this mold again, so I'll just have to see what happens.  Might try an all OO recipe and note the results----------- actaully didn't want to have to freeze before unmolding tho thats what I ended up doing

Edited by 7 Pawz

Thank you everyone for your replies, I'm going to make another batch using this mold again, so I'll just have to see what happens.  Might try an all OO recipe and note the results----------- actaully didn't want to have to freeze before unmolding tho thats what I ended up doing

Make sure and do a water discount if you do 100% OO - as that recipe can be sticky in any mold, but especially so in a PVC... :) Good luck!