Timesaver

This is a good starting point, but I wouldn't rely too heavily on it. 

For instance it will not tell you how that wick will burn IN the container and once it's gets to past halfway down when things can start to go wonky. 

But as said, it will at least give you a good starting point. 

Way cool !!  Thanks.  What a great idea. 

However, I am way too frugal to just keep the pan of wax.  I would take photos, lots of notes and then melt the wax down and reuse it....just because.  :D

What a great use for some of my dead cake pans that end up holding garden plants!! 

That seems all very interesting but I think I'll stick with wick guides. I already get a pretty good starting point with my wicks that way.

I was trying to hear who he was and what candle company he represented but the sound was too muddled for me. Anyone know who he is? or what company he's from?

Edited by Candybee

However, I am way too frugal to just keep the pan of wax.  I would take photos, lots of notes and then melt the wax down and reuse it....just because.  :D

What a great use for some of my dead cake pans that end up holding garden plants!! 

nothing wrong being frugal :) I wouldn't throw the wax away either, I'd find something to put it in, even if i made tarts with it :)

That seems all very interesting but I think I'll stick with wick guides. I already get a pretty good starting point with my wicks that way.

I was trying to hear who he was and what candle company he represented but the sound was too muddled for me. Anyone know who he is? or what company he's from?

I think its Early American Candle Supplies for the candle company.   I never thought to test that way, I've always used the tried and true jar/wick combo, but just out of curiosity I might try it, go from there, already have enough notes from previous testing with my jars and waxes that will add to it

This is a good starting point, but I wouldn't rely too heavily on it. 

For instance it will not tell you how that wick will burn IN the container and once it's gets to past halfway down when things can start to go wonky. 

But as said, it will at least give you a good starting point. 

Your right, IN the container is the most concerning, but just a starting point would help.  I've maintained notes from previous testing that I could compare, so it's just another experiment :)

Early American Candle Supply

I also use the cake pans to make my chunks for pillar candles.  I can either make a chunk candle or weight out what I want to use for a particular type of pillar candle, since I recycle pillar wax that is given to me.

So it was Early American Candle Supplies. http://www.earlyamericancandlesupplies.com/

There used to be some posters here that bought supplies from them. I never tried them. They are in Pennsylvania which is where several candlemaking suppliers are like Candlewic, Backwoods, Candles and Supplies, Peaks (east coast distribution center), and Fillmore Containers.

So it was Early American Candle Supplies. http://www.earlyamericancandlesupplies.com/

There used to be some posters here that bought supplies from them. I never tried them. They are in Pennsylvania which is where several candlemaking suppliers are like Candlewic, Backwoods, Candles and Supplies, Peaks (east coast distribution center), and Fillmore Containers.

I've ordered wicking from them but nothing else, I would like to try Filmore Containers for the Christmas Wreath Fo , if I have the name of the oil right, its one thats supposed to close to a BB dupe?