Candle Making Classes

Does anyone offer any classes for making container candles. My wife and I are new and want to learn the best techniques to incorporate into our small venture. Travel is not an issue. We are interested in learning proven pouring techniques for soy or blend candles. Thanks!!

Guest OldGlory

Candle Science and Rustic Escentuals are closest to you I think. The Chemistry Store might be close also, but I think their focus is bath and body. You could try contacting them to see if they offer classes.

Candybee,

What was your thought on the content of the classes at Candles and Supplies?

I was going to second C&S! 

When I went to the IGCA convention back in 2004 - they were there and had classes as part of the convention. Even though it was not a typical setting that they would have at their place, for the little 45 minute to hour they had everyone they were very thorough and it was very well planned out. 

I imagine it's even better for the actual classes at their location. 

Plus they have very good products that rarely get the attention or mention that they deserve (IMO) 

I would bet if you called them to talk about their classes they would be happy to answer any questions you might have. 

Candybee,

What was your thought on the content of the classes at Candles and Supplies?

The classes were well structured following a written outline with hands on instruction that was clear and easy to follow. The classes pay for the supplies you need. So I was able to walk away from the class carrying my newly made candle I made myself during the class. Plus I also had written instructions on how to make the candle so I could reproduce my efforts at home.

The also have candle workshops about once a year with all kinds of classes. There are hotels nearby that you can get a special discount by mentioning the workshop. For details check out their hotel listing on their website.

Its been a few years since I attended the classes but I went to several and the instructions were so clear I remember them even without rereading the written materials. Back then "The Flaming Dame" taught many of the classes and she was wonderful. Sorry don't remember her real name but that was the biz name she went by. She had been making candles for years and really knew a lot of stuff. Samples of her work were on display in the reception area. I love her beautiful wedding candles.