I got my contract, I got my contract!

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

And I'm so happy! I know some of you remember my post here where I was a bit upset about this juried show here that's a really good one and the lady said thanks, but no thanks in a way. Then I asked why and said in the future if they would keep me in mind. I took some pictures and send them to her last night and she emailed me the contract this morning!! I'm so happy!! 2006 is turning out to be great. I hope I can do well!! I'm sure I'll post more stuff coming soon, since the show is the beginning of April. :D

Isn't that GREAT!!

We have a show here that is like that. It is very limited who they let in. I applied and got my approval!! I was so Happy!! I did really well at that show too.

I am thrilled for ya. Such a good moral rush!! Now get to making plenty of inventory!!;)

Have I got alot to learn!!! I thought that if they had room, and you were willing to pay their fee, you were in! This sounds much harder than I ever thought!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :yay:

Some shows, yes, some no. This was one of the *no* shows. LOL

A juried show, like this one has a panel that decides who does and doesn't get in. They don't let hacks in or have 30 people there with the exact same product, that way.

They try to keep a balance. if they have 30 booths available, they want 5 chandlers, 5 woodworkers, 5 jewelry makers, 5 leather crafters... etc. If you're the 6th chandler to apply, you may not get in, even if your product is better than some of the others. If only 3 apply, they may all get in, even though some are lacking a bit in quality.

Jane,I used to think that too but some are juried.I have one in the town(small town) I live but never did contact them.I do a show near them that is not juried and bigger than that one.It just depends.The biggest one is expensive so just may contact this one and get pics of my products.I do know the weather is either very warm or people freeze to death.Windy time in Oct.The last 2 years it has been real cold and people don't shop and walk around then.The wind just takes your breath and cold also.

LynnS

Guest EMercier

Thanks all! Well, this show is indoor and they have two a year and get good traffic. I was there on a Sunday when it was cold and we still had a good amount of snow and ice on the ground. It is juried, no fee for that. It's a big step for me, so I want to make everything just right and I will set up the night before. I always seem to think I can do it in a little while, but something always happens. That way, I can have help from my BF and set up and take my time and be nice and cheery (as I always am) the next day. This show has nice stuff. The quality of the products there is unbelieveable. I have to think about the area and what products I bring. They are more upscale, but earthy in a way. So, I believe soaps and natural spa prodcuts would help. I may test burn some soy and see if I can have it ready by then. That might be a big seller. Right now, I do a blend.

:whoohoo:

Some shows, yes, some no. This was one of the *no* shows. LOL

A juried show, like this one has a panel that decides who does and doesn't get in. They don't let hacks in or have 30 people there with the exact same product, that way.

They try to keep a balance. if they have 30 booths available, they want 5 chandlers, 5 woodworkers, 5 jewelry makers, 5 leather crafters... etc. If you're the 6th chandler to apply, you may not get in, even if your product is better than some of the others. If only 3 apply, they may all get in, even though some are lacking a bit in quality.

Thanks Dustpuuppy and LynnS for the information. When I was looking up craft shows in my area, I saw "juried yes/no" and had no idea what it meant. Still learning lots!

Thanks again! Jane