Here we go again with the wax bashing

Puma - just watched your link. What a difference!! I liked Alethea's simple, common sense approach to explaining refined waxes. I loved her point that The most important thing is have a clean burning candle!! Amen, Sister!!!

• Like 2

Well, I'm totally disgusted, she didn't go very far in researching Calypso Candles. I did, is linen a natural fragrance? They sell paraffin pillars!!!!!!!

About Calypso Candles  

Our clean burning coconut wax Calypso Candles are made with natural vegetable wax and use high quality, natural-based fragrance oils. 

Our paraffin wax pillar candles were formerly made and sold by Vintage Blues. They come in a mottled finished. We use high quality, natural-based fragrance oils. Wicks used are a braided flat wick specially made to minimize or eliminate carbon buildup, helping to reduce smoking. All Calypso Candles are handmade in the USA.

Edited by ChandlerWicks
  • Like 3

My business has survived through all the bashing for almost 10 years. We don't put wax down, but I have a hard time shutting up when people claim their scents are all EOs like bubble gum (oooh so realistic too, to quote them), and Chestnuts and Brown Sugar (so rich and tempting, to quote them) etc. I know we're still standing and we haven't seen any of them around for a while. 

It's not professional to knock others, but that doesn't keep them from creating scenes to try to drag you into the fight. It's why I stay home and make the product, because it's just too hard for me to keep my mouth shut. I believe we still keep an info sheet around about the different waxes and where to educate themselves on the science of candle making. 

We put ingredients on our soap and other B&B products so the people who buy know what their getting. 

I feel (and am) the exact same way. Well said. 

:D

Edited by Danni5173
  • Like 1

Puma - just watched your link. What a difference!! I liked Alethea's simple, common sense approach to explaining refined waxes. I loved her point that The most important thing is have a clean burning candle!! Amen, Sister!!!

Seriously....if all chandlers would explain to their customers the way Alethea has on this video....no one would/or could bash each other over different waxes. It would be a mute point! TRULY all waxes are at the same level... no one wax is better. I mean you simply CANNOT argue away any of her points..what a smart woman. We need to be saying all candle waxes are... is and of the earth....all come from natural resources...all are made into diesel fuel and all waxes have to be refined in order to make candles out of the different sources. If everyone started saying that, pretty soon the haters and troublemakers would go back under their rocks!

• Like 1

Lmao- is this for real and who is this person posting this crap....perfectly put scented!

Nice Puma- great link and the morons that believe the above crap can definetly use that food for thought!

Yup! We all need food for thought every once in a while. I accidentally came across her video on You Tube.... and I loved it so much, I put it in my favorites about 3 years ago. I dig it out every once in a while..... :) She explains it all in easy to understand language....if we keep posting her link...people just will not be able to argue with COMMON SENSE! :)

• Like 1

Yup! We all need food for thought every once in a while. I accidentally came across her video on You Tube.... and I loved it so much, I put it in my favorites about 3 years ago. I dig it out every once in a while..... :) She explains it all in easy to understand language....if we keep posting her link...people just will not be able to argue with COMMON SENSE! :)

Too bad we can't post it in the original link on Facebook.

• Like 1

Seriously....if all chandlers would explain to their customers the way Alethea has on this video....no one would/or could bash each other over different waxes. It would be a mute point! TRULY all waxes are at the same level... no one wax is better. I mean you simply CANNOT argue away any of her points..what a smart woman. We need to be saying all candle waxes are... is and of the earth....all come from natural resources...all are made into diesel fuel and all waxes have to be refined in order to make candles out of the different sources. If everyone started saying that, pretty soon the haters and troublemakers would go back under their rocks!

I've been saying this for years. And years. 

• Like 1