Template help

Ravens

As many of you know, I am terrible when it comes to 'puter stuff, and today I'm stuck with a "labels problem" and could use some help/tips. 

Some time ago I bought labels from Elements.  The instructions tell me to download the Word template.  I click on it, choose "Open", but all I see is a blank sheet of paper.  Wow, great!  What am I supposed to do with it??

These are the labels I ordered:

http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/18x18-White-Waterproof-INKJET-Label-pr-611.html

Thank you!

I usually go to www.avery.com and download templates for my labels. There may be a better way though. Some templates on avery are really easy to use and others not so much, at least not to me. You can click on templates and usually find the one you need. I'll go there and see if I can find the number to your particular one.

HTH

You can also download a template for this label at www.brownkraftlabels.com. They have the template in the white label section. I think it's a 2X2 square. It might be easier to work with than the template you have.

Thank you, Belinda!  My question is, what am I supposed to do with the blank piece of paper that I see when I download the template?  How does it relate to the labels I bought from Elements?  Am I supposed to type on the template and then see if it will fit on the actual Elements labels?  So lost, so dinosaur with 'putters here, lol.

Thanks for the link, Belinda  :-)

Thank you all for the advice.  I finally managed to make it work and got my labels printed :) .   I ended up installing Open Office; not sure if it was necessary, but once I did, it was a piece of cake.

Now I need to find the time to learn more about using Open Office.

Again, thank you all for your help! ;)

• Like 1

Glad you figured it out! 

When I download label templates from avery, the lines are there so it's easy to see where I need to type. But sometimes I can't get it to do what I want it to do! Like you, I'm not very computer savvy LOL! 

I like reading all of the answers too so when I have a label that won't cooperate I can use some of these tips myself.

I was just sent information on how to set up my website and it's greek to me! LOL! I keep telling myself that I'm somewhat average intelligence and surely I'll figure it out. Yea, right! :o) It might just sit there in cyber space forever! LOL!