Neem oil

Candybee

I have a friend that made some soap with neem at about 8%. She says the soap was dripping oil the next day. Is that normal for neem oil? Never used it before so I am curious if its the neem or something else going on with her batch.

I've used 18 to 20% in all the batches I've made and had no problems with excess or dripping oil.  The color isn't the prettiest, but I could care less cause it's the BEST face soap ever!!  My rosecea totally went away since I started using it several years ago.

Thank you so much Chris! I've been considering trying a soap with neem oil.

I guess my friends batch had an oil that didn't incorporate or she didn't SB enough maybe. Don't know for sure. She is a brand new soaper and only has about 4 batches experience so far.

One last question, how do you deal with the smell? It drove my friend right out of her home. She ended up throwing her neem oil soap in the trash. I think its a waste and she could have been rebatched but she said she couldn't tolerate the stink!

I'm an earthy scent lover, so the scent didn't bother me at all, I liked it.  The plain neem oil scent mellows out after a good cure, but I added some patchouli EO the last 3 batches of soap, which blends well with the neem scent.