HDPE log molds

bells4shells

I'm in the market for some new log molds and am looking at the HDPE versions.  Do any of you have experience with this type of mold for CP or HP soaping?  From my understanding it can be used linerless, but can also depend on the soaps ingredients.  I've also seen something about "seasoning" these type of molds, but couldn't find much information about what that entails.  Any help is appreciated!

I started out with an hdpe slab mold and thought it was great but that was before plexiglass or silicone molds were available. The red silicone logs from Essential Depot are the best bang for your buck IMHO but for the sharpest lines and corners you can't beat the wonderful plexiglass logs from Soap Making Resource. You can see what your soap bar looks like and the log comes out so cleanly. Its so easy to stick the mold in the fridge if you don't want to gel or in the oven if you do want to gel. Now the cadillac of molds will always be Soap Hutch and probably some would vote for Brambleberry but you better be ready to spend some bucks. My hdpe slab mold got worse about sticking rather than seasoned and it never gets used. I would look at mold and cutter combinations if you don't already have a good cutter, because they just work better by design. HTH

Steve

• Like 1