Scents

Some of the smells I wonder how in the world you guys stand them. I have asthma and some of these just kill me especially the alot of the valentines scents. I believe I may bee in trouble.

It could be bothering me because I am a little sick too. Who knows I just thought I would comment.

Hi

I think that since you suffer from asthma you're already "pre-sensitized" to anything you breathe in - some of these fragrances will definitely contain elements that might irritate you. Asthma is not something easy to live with, I think mainly becuase you never know what next will trigger it...

K

Just a suggestion. The one's at uline do not appear to be the correct ones. If you have an Ace hardware by you, they can suggest and order the correct one for you along with the changeable filters. Be sure to get the half mask one. The others are too distracting to wear, such as the ones at Home Depot. They are way too big and not necessary for these type of chemicals.

Edit to add: Just looked at mine, it is model #6003 made by 3M

Ok ducky I read the posts on the message board. So are they saying now that fo can give you cancer? I hope not because both of my parents have cancer and I will stop today.

Next Do you guys wear the masks from start to finish or do you use them when you open the bottle of fo and pour it into pot and pour into candles or what?

Just curious on which one everyone does.

I don't believe they are saying the FO can give you cancer. But it does make some feel ill or have breathing problems. I don't have a problem with the fumes myself, but I don't pour all the time either. I can't help with what kinds to use or when to use them since I haven't tried any. If the fumes are bothering you though, it's something you could look into more.

I am chemical sensitive so I am careful.We do open the window and blow air out with a fan.That helps alot but I know I should use the masks.I just haven't.So far I haven't made a large amount at one time but will do something safer when we do.It is the full strength thing that gets to me.Like the car air fresheners.My husband does those because that is to much.I stay a distance.Getting all those scents together full strength is out of sight.That's the only time it gets to me but doing candles, soap and lotion I'm fine.For the lotion ( mostly do the 8 ounce bottle 1/8 teaspoon) so I can stand that for a second.Once it mixes I am fine.

I absolutely cannot put a bottle of FO up to my nose or I may pass out or get whoosy.I go with the scents I like and also let my husband be the sniffer at times.I get alot of ideas what FO's are good here and then try them.

LynnS