Favorite FOs from Sweetcakes

poorawaste

Cynthia you are right I use my own parasoy blend for my candles and Sweetcakes FO's have a terrific throw at right around 1/2 to 3/4 oz/lb.  Both the Lily of the Valley & the pomegranate do stick in CP soap and neither discolor that I know of. I usually do a green swirl with the LOTV and it stays a creamy off white because of the goat's milk I use and no gelling.  The pomegranate I usually mix with SC's Black Raspberry and I color my soap a raspberry color.  The LOTV doesn't accelerate on me, but I soap really cool oils, usually around 85 to 90 degrees.

Thanks, Chris. I don't think I'm skilled enough at this point to try the goat's milk with LOTV but it sounds great. I am really excited about trying all of the FOs, just can't decide which one to try first.

Love love love hotel costes! Fresh grass, sweet yellow pear, champaca & bamboo, chocolate and dewy green cactus are wonderful- in have only used them in soy candles but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them in B & B products

Hey Moonshine, OOB, I was so disappointed with Hotel Costes when I opened the box from SC. Once I put it in wax, AWESOME! I was kind of glad yesterday when I didn't like it, because of the price. What % do you use in soy?

Really.... I loved it OOB and in wax! But I favor scents that have warmth spice and mystery!

I started with 1.5 ounces per pound in 415 but then tried 1.2 because the wicking was weak and that worked perfect with a CD12 in the square mason

It is so expensive but it's one of those I just can't give up!

Btw...champaca and bamboo is another one- it's amazing in wax! So different and unique the people that smell it can't resist buying it and it's a perfect spring/summer scent

Really.... I loved it OOB and in wax! But I favor scents that have warmth spice and mystery!

I started with 1.5 ounces per pound in 415 but then tried 1.2 because the wicking was weak and that worked perfect with a CD12 in the square mason

It is so expensive but it's one of those I just can't give up!

I was expecting a stronger scent, don't know why! It's really, really good. I used only 4%, i'll go up in %. Thank-You for recommending. I don't normally like Love Spell, this one is great!

Edited by ChandlerWicks
  • Like 1

Btw...champaca and bamboo is another one- it's amazing in wax! So different and unique the people that smell it can't resist buying it and it's a perfect spring/summer scent

Thanks, I'll try it next order. I'm hoping the Pear Glace is better in wax then it is OOB. I used the lotion for years, and OOB it's not the same as VS.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

I will have to try the Champacca and Bamboo in wax- not really liking it OOB.  I was the same with Hotel Costes- and I really like it in wax!  It's made me a believer that some fo's behave differently in wax, and you cant go by OOB scent sometimes...

I was expecting a stronger scent, don't know why! It's really, really good. I used only 4%, i'll go up in %. Thank-You for recommending. I don't normally like Love Spell, this one is great!

You think hotel smells like love spell? Or you tried SC version of love spell?

Ok gotcha...I was going to say wow my nose is different! I hate love spell with a passion!

I tried CS and I think it was NG and it gagged me to death!

So SC is okay huh....my daughter loves love spell so maybe I will man up and try some my next order! Lol

Ok gotcha...I was going to say wow my nose is different! I hate love spell with a passion!

I tried CS and I think it was NG and it gagged me to death!

So SC is okay huh....my daughter loves love spell so maybe I will man up and try some my next order! Lol

Yes, it's not as sickening sweet as the other ones I've tried.

The Blackberry Sage is very light in 4786, Not so great.

I picked up some more Sweetcakes oils to try this week based on the recommendations in this thread.  This order I got Strawberry, Blackberry, Green Clover and Aloe, Lily of the Valley, Lemon Grass, Peony Petals, Sweetgrass, Orange Blossom, Woodlands, Lime Margarita and, at Moonshine's urging, Hotel Costes. I've had the opportunity to try some of Moonshine's candles and tarts with other SC fragrances so I know she has good suggestions.  se2653 - do put the Champacca in wax. That was a scent I had in one of Moonshine's candle and it was wonderful.

Like Chandler, Hotel Costes was so-so OOB for me.  Reminded me of Sandalwood.  But, I put some on a test strip and it is really starting to develop.  Some of the spicy notes are coming through.  Will have to put that in wax or soap.

Was surprised by Orange Blossom.  Is actually very nice OOB and I'm not getting a fuel/plastic smell.  Reminds me of the Orange Blossom Honey and other products at the stands that used to be up and down the highways in Florida back in the day.  This is my Mom's favorite scent and I hope it holds up in product. Haven't really found one that does.

The Blackberry is nice, maybe a bit sweet.  I'm hoping I get a good blend with the Pomegranate I picked up from FB.

Love, love, love Woodlands OOB.  Between this and Cranberry Woods from Fragrance Buddy, I have two of my favorites from BBW.  This is a nice men's fragrance, possibly unisex.  Will be a nice addition to my other two popular men's fragrances.

Hoping to have some nice soap, lotions and wax melts.  Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Was surprised by Orange Blossom.  Is actually very nice OOB and I'm not getting a fuel/plastic smell.  Reminds me of the Orange Blossom Honey and other products at the stands that used to be up and down the highways in Florida back in the day.  This is my Mom's favorite scent and I hope it holds up in product. Haven't really found one that does.

Love, love, love Woodlands OOB.  Between this and Cranberry Woods from Fragrance Buddy, I have two of my favorites from BBW.  This is a nice men's fragrance, possibly unisex.  Will be a nice addition to my other two popular men's fragrances.

The Orange Blossom holds up very well in product (I make CP soap and perfumes with it). I have orange trees in my backyard and the FO smells just like the flowers that bloom on them each spring.  

I love Woodlands, too. It soaps great, by the way.

• Like 1

The Orange Blossom holds up very well in product (I make CP soap and perfumes with it). I have orange trees in my backyard and the FO smells just like the flowers that bloom on them each spring.  

I love Woodlands, too. It soaps great, by the way.

OOOOO...Woodlands ;-)