New to tarts

Chandler hill candles

Hello all! I have been a candle maker now for about 10 years. I have always went with my containers mostly but have played with votives and pillars. I do really well using 223 with my containers as I have always used that but the tart market around here is on scentsy. SO i have been trying my hand at the tarts. I am using IGI 4794. I used 1.5 ounce scent per pound of wax.

Of course in my standing on my head to try it out I tested the next day after making peach nectar (CS). Not a very strong scent but then sometimes peach gags me so i would not want it to be. Do you let your tarts cure for 2 weeks before you try them?? Want to be able to smell them at home not over powering but still the same. That is a trait with my candles they smell the whole house up and they last.

Thanks yall!

I don't use that wax for mine so my advice may not be the best. I use an all soy blend. I use 1.2 oz per pound and I let them cure for a week before testing. I get great results. I test to be sure they last at LEAST 14 hours.

I do not use that wax either, but I have and it is a nice wax. I use an all paraffin blend. I use about the same percentage of FO as you. I do not let them cure so to speak but I do wait a few days before melting/testing after they have been poured.

Like Suzy, I also have to get a minimum of 12-14 solid hours for me to consider adding that FO.

I like mine SUPER strong.

Don't use that wax (4794) either. I have an all-paraffin blend and a parasoy blend I use for bakery scents. I let both blends cure an average of 3 days. I wouldn't want to fool with any wax needing a 2 weeks' cure, lol. Having used 4794 in the past, I can tell you it does not need to cure that long - but that's based on my experience only.

Having used 4794 in the past, I can tell you it does not need to cure that long - but that's based on my experience only.

Yup.....I make tarts in both 4794 and a blend of 4794/4625 (pillar) wax one day and sell the next......feedback has always been awesome... if your tarts were in my world.... they would be packed up and considered ready to go. :)