Burn time...

DaisyFairy

Is there a typical burn time for most candles... I mean something to shoot for.

I know most 2 oz. votives are around 15 hours, but what about 8 oz, 10 oz, 16 oz, containers... 3x6" pillars, 3x3" pillars... I know I can figure the burn rates on my candles.. but not sure what the norms are for any of these so not sure where I stand.

Is there a chart or typical burn rate for all these candles?? I just wanna know if I am up there where I am supposed to be. I usually get around 15 hours on my votives. so I am sure I am ok there.. but not sure of the others.

thanks

DaisyFairy

I'd like to know how to get a votive to burn 15 hours....I never have here...but then again, I don't make them anymore either.:D
It probably depends on what wax/wick combination you use. When I use 4794 and 36z wick, it does last 15 hours at least, usually closer to 18. Then again my longer burn time could be due to living at high altitude.

lindsay, Same here mine do not burn 15 hours so went to the FP votive.So simple and burns hours.I would say over 20.I lost count.

I will work on the others but not in a BIG hurry.Just hope no one asks for one.When my hubby finishes the website it will be the FP votive.They have to put the votive in a holder anyway.

LynnS

Ok stupid ? but what is a FP votive? :embarasse

It's a flowerpot votive. You can get the glass flowerpots at Wal-Mart or candle suppliers and pour votive or container wax in them. Votive wax pops out and so you can sell flowerpot shaped votives to burn in the glass FP holder. I'm sure there are probably pics in the gallery if you want to see some.

Now I feel really stupid. :o :o I know what the flower pots are just couldn't figure out the short form for them. Ok I'm going to crawl back into the hole I just come outta......... :tiptoe:

Awww, come on outta that hole. We've all had brain farts at times, lol :laugh2:

lol... me too... I was having a hard time with the FP .. haha..

Ok.. just to check... :)... when you are all getting your votive burn times are you power burning or just burning two hours at a time (because is 2" diameter).. sometimes I go longer at a time.. cause I am sure they will...but when I do that, it cuts down on the full burn time of the candle.

how do you all do it??? just curious

DaisyFairy