Presentation for Wholesale Pitch

Michdj

Hi all, I have a meeting Thursday morning (ugh) to pitch to a buyer for a new, local-focused (but large) grocery/sundry store in a posh part of town. He said, "Bring samples."

I run a line of 18oz, 12oz, and 8oz status jars plus votives, tea lights and melts. Should I have a certain setup for the meeting? Short tiers? Some sort of display? Or just pull them out of the box?

Help!!!

-Michelle

Guest OldGlory

I really love the first person to person sales pitch. The world is your oyster!

I carry a small suitcase with a variety of fragrances/types (only the best performers in cold throw and hot throw) and a sample of each size. I leave them in the case, taking one out at a time so both can focus. There are lists in the case - of fragrance options, label options, size options, and prices. You should have all of your policies outlined and be able to leave a copy if your customer wants to look it over. Also, you might need an order form, so be prepared with that too. Very best of luck!

Guest OldGlory

I'll just drive over my little tapestry suitcase and let you borrow it :)

Honestly, the buyer won't care much about how you carry the candles in. Do the best presentation you can, smile and sell yourself and the product. It will be over before you know it.

It went great! Unbeknownst to me, he was ready to purchase. Woot! It turned out to be a small-ish order, but I'm sure it will grow with time! Yay another wholesale account! :)

Yea!!! Way to go!! Congratulations and best wishes for more orders from this new account!! :)