Any formula for this?

Without actually burning a new jar all the way down, is there a formula to estimate hours of burn time? I am adding a new jar, 4.58" in diameter by 3" high, 3 wicks, soy wax, no color. The jar is a straight 25 oz. cylinder that holds approx. 18 ounces of wax. Have not ordered the jars yet and only have the one sample, so hate to burn in case I need it for more pictures.

I know I will probably have to burn it, but, a girl can hope......

Thanks,

Kate

There actually is a formula for "estimating" burn time. But as Talltayl points out it won't give you the actual burn time for your candle application.

But if you want to "estimate" what your burn hours are without burning the whole candle you can do this:

Weigh your candle on an accurate scale that gives you pounds and ounces and note the exact weight. Burn for exactly 3 hours so write down the times to make sure of the burn time. Then weigh your candle again. Take the new weight and subtract it from the old. Divide it by 3. The weight difference is your wax burning time. This method will estimate how the wax burns. Not how the candle burns.

To determine the actual burn hours of your candle take your test candle and log all burn hours. Burn your candle completely until the wick tab stops the candle burn. You don't have to power burn the candle. Just burn it the way you normally burn a candle and log the hours everytime your burn it. I have found this method always give me a dead on accurate burn time for that candle.