How would you label candles for a wedding?

Michi

I'm doing wedding favor candles for a friends daughters' wedding, but I want MY business info on them (probably the bottom) so that maybe I might get some more business out of it.

Is this tacky? If not, how would I go about it? What should I put on it?

These will be 2oz. tins BTW. ;)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest EMercier

I don't think it's tacky. I think it all depends on how you are planning to label the tins. You could put a small label in the inside of the tin on the lid with your information. I mean that's only if you are putting a warning label on the bottom. Just my thoughts.

Or you could combine your contact info with the warning info. Maybe have your name and contact info around the warning notice. Don't think it is tacky. In fact I believe it is a Fed law to provide name and contact info with candles that are sold. I think one of the mods put labeling regulations in one of the FAQ sections.

When we did candles for a friend of mines wedding we did it by putting what it was then who it was by for example

Cucumber Melon soy candle

By agape

Just for John and Kelly's special occasion

I think it's alittle classier that way people know that they didn't just buy cheap candles some where. I think if you were doing tins it would also be apropriate to make a bottom label with all your warning stuff and include you buisness name and phone # or Web site.

Duhhh I hadn't even thought about the warning label. :rolleyes: I DO already put my business info. around my warning label, so I guess I'll just use my reg. warning labels. ;)

I'm trying to put this price pkg. all together for her, and since this is my very first order I'm just a little crazy right now. :D

Thanks ladies.

Good question. We use 1.5 oz hex jars for our wedding favors. We label the outside of the jar with all the information for the wedding, and we put a small round label on the inside of the cap with all of our company info and website. We felt that was a good way to get out name out and not have it look tacky.

Duhhh I hadn't even thought about the warning label. :rolleyes: I DO already put my business info. around my warning label, so I guess I'll just use my reg. warning labels. ;)

Love your sig line! Don't mean to hijack but how do you put your info around the warning labels? Do you print them yourself?

And I agree, it isn't tacky at all.

Love your sig line! Don't mean to hijack but how do you put your info around the warning labels? Do you print them yourself?

And I agree, it isn't tacky at all.

Munkey- My sig line used to be a big joke but lately..... well that's a whole other story. ;)

Yes, I do make my own warning labels on different sized round labels depending on the size of the container I'm using. :) All the warning info. is centered straight acrossed the circle and then my business info is put around the bottom part of the circle. Hope that makes sense?? ;)

This whole thing is making me crazy, but I'll be making a new post for that. LOL

Thanks for all the advice.

I may end up putting a label on the inside of the lid like someone else mentioned with "specially made for Mr. and Mrs. ****** by Flicker Lane of (my city inserted here).