Why you test your melts...

Georgia

I have had people confuse me with Scentsy but never ask if my melts work in their melters. I test in electric, tealight and light bulb warmers so I figured I better get a Scentsy warmer, too. I got a cheap one off ebay and put my melts in. Low and behold, it only melted a little in the center! Today at a craft show I had TWO different people ask if my melts work in a Scentsy warmer. I had to tell them no. I may have lost 2 sales today, but I didn't have permanently disappointed customers.

I will be working on my formula and hopefully can get melts I like that actually work in their warmer.

Mine melt perfectly in their warmers. I now have 5 of them. Recently, they offered a few of the $30 warmers for $7.50. I added 2. It was during an "October Madness" sale. I was going to post about the sale here in case others wanted Scentsy warmers for test. There is much disdain here about Scentsy so I did not.

Let me know if you want to know about wax blends that melt in their warmers. In fact, I have not yet had a wax blend that would not melt in them. I would never buy their (or any makers) warmers with a square dish. All wax gets hung up in the corners.

That's good that you know that information. I would do everything I could to make a formula that would though. I assume that more than 50% of people who use wax melts, use a Scentsy warmer. I could be wrong. My most asked question is if mine will melt in a Scentsy warmer. I wouldn't have made any money at holiday bazaar I was at yesterday if they didn't I had them tested in one before I started selling.

The candlewarmer ones that I use for my testing are also 25 W.

If yours is more paraffin, it seems that it would melt in one. Aren't theirs made with paraffin?

no, it's not defective. It is only a 25 W bulb... I'm not fond of the square corners, either. I use a blend, but it is more paraffin than soy and I think I just need to play with the percentages.

I can even get straight 4625 to melt nicely in my Scentsy warmers. No bulb change. Mine are 25w as you suggest.

That's good that you know that information. I would do everything I could to make a formula that would though. I assume that more than 50% of people who use wax melts, use a Scentsy warmer. I could be wrong. My most asked question is if mine will melt in a Scentsy warmer. I wouldn't have made any money at holiday bazaar I was at yesterday if they didn't I had them tested in one before I started selling.

The candlewarmer ones that I use for my testing are also 25 W.

If yours is more paraffin, it seems that it would melt in one. Aren't theirs made with paraffin?

In my area NO ONE uses tealight warmers and easily 60%-80% of people use Scentsy warmers. The remainder are BH&G/Scentsationals from Walmart and a very few say that theirs was a gift or they do not know the brand.

You are right. Scentsy wax is paraffin. Their site has VERY significantly reduced their FAQ's. They used to say the melt point of their wax. I swore it said 124. Some have said that 4786 is their wax but I am not certain. It is that very melt point and is paraffin, of course, so it could be. I wish my used wax came out of my dishes as easily as theirs did when I used it. I am getting close, though!

I have been in contact with their HQ over the "only Scentsy wax can be melted in Scentsy warmers" issue. My next communication with them is their legal department. More on that once I gain enough information to have something of value to share.

"Let me know if you want to know about wax blends that melt in their warmers. "

Karen, if you would be willing to share, I'd love to know what blends you've tried that will work in their warmers. This isn't something I'd really considered until reading this thread, so now I'm concerned. I will have to get a Scentsy warmer apparently!

thanks so much,

Jackie

"Let me know if you want to know about wax blends that melt in their warmers. "

Karen, if you would be willing to share, I'd love to know what blends you've tried that will work in their warmers. This isn't something I'd really considered until reading this thread, so now I'm concerned. I will have to get a Scentsy warmer apparentl!

thanks so much,

Jackie

4625, 4794, 4786, 4627, 4630, 4636, 6006, 3022, 415. Some alone and everything blended with about everything else. My 2 favorite blends are 4625/4627 @ 60%/40% and 4625/4630, same percentages.

Well now I have to put my girls as my avatar since all of you have your cute puppies as your pics!

Georgia-I'd be happy to send you a box of some of my test melts in assorted paraffin blends if you'd like. I have events this Saturday and next but could send you some to try after that. Message me if that would be of use as you test.

Mine isn't mine! I would love to have his little grumpy face here tho! :lipsrseal

QUOTE=justajesuschick;1018636]Well now I have to put my girls as my avatar since all of you have your cute puppies as your pics!

Georgia-I'd be happy to send you a box of some of my test melts in assorted paraffin blends if you'd like. I have events this Saturday and next but could send you some to try after that. Message me if that would be of use as you test.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

Well, I got my ugly Scentsy warmer and stuck it behind a picture frame :)

I'm glad to say that my blend does melt pretty quick, but that little 25 watt bulb sure isn't putting out much of a throw with what is normally a strong tart on my hotplate melters.

Bummed.