Adding Coconut Oil==Does it help with scent throw or hardness???

I tried to find the answer in the old posts but saw very little. Does adding a little coconut oil help with the scent throw? I use 6006 and a little 4625 in my blend. Does the cocnut oil help with the hardness thus eliminating the 4625?

Thanks

Karen

Nope!! Coconut oil, Crisco, or whatever else in all reality doesn't do a thing, prevent anything, help the scent throw, or whatever else some may think! Next week will be adding something else as the magic ingredient, sorry! :cool2:

Coconut oil is in the wax that I use and in fact another formulation with a higher degree of coconut oil was briefly available. I love coconut oil in votives. It gives them a shiny appearance but I don't know that it enhances cold or hot throw. I have used petrolatum in times when the soy crop was in drought and the quality was poor. This was recommended by the mfg and was for improved adhesion. Coconut oil is getting so expensive but my best advice would be to try a teaspoon or so per pound and see what you get. If you believe it greatly improves appearance, efficiency or throw then why not? It's all subjective to our individual taste and experience IMHO but Chris is right about there being no magic ingredient. HTH

Steve