From FaceBook: "Scentsy is just a catagory"

scifichik

We have lots of local FaceBook buy/sell/trade pages, and people sell everything there from antiques to real estate.

I stumbled across this listing:

Scentsy wax chips "2 dozen count bulk" fresh rain sea breeze. Sea shells

$10.

Home-made, strong scent, just put in your favorite wax warmer and enjoy♥ Park hills area. Cash only.

"custom candles" home-made crafts♥

I asked: So are they Scentsy or are they home-made?

She replies:

They are all home-made by me:)

Scentsy is just a catagory, all of my items are home made with care<3

I'm giggling too hard to type. I'd like to explain about patents, trademarks, registrations, etc....but I think it might be lost on her, as she thinks "Scentsy is just a catagory."

Lol. Yeah, she's saying it like we say kleenex or band-aids or popsicles... all brands that made their products popular.

I have some customers that do that with mine. "I need to get some Scentsy from you" I tell them every time that they're not Scentsy.

I just can't give credence to a person who doesn't know how to spell "category". But that's just me.

And what does she mean, "it's just a catagory"? I assume she means it's just a product description.

In all seriousness, it's really no different when people say they make or sell tarts. TARTS is a Yank trademark. Yank legal counsel used to troll websites looking for people to whom to send Cease & Desist letters.

Edited by SliverOfWax
typo, lol

TRUE story.

Phone rings last night and it is a neighbor. I assume he is looking for my husband. Nope. Tells me his wife is traveling but her sister called and asked him to call me. Seems she wanted to get "some more scentsy" from me. Thinking he meant my melts I said fine. He said she wanted to get some in Hemingway (an actual scent from scentsy).

So, somehow my melts (called "her scentsys" by the neighbor) have gotten translated into perhaps I sell dupes of scentsy's scents.

Guess I will learn more when the wife is back tomorrow.

:rolleyes2 Oh goodness, Karen, will they ever learn? Just yesterday someone asked if my scented melts will work in her Scentsy warmer. And later - same day -someone else said that she loved the smell of my "tarts" but she was not going to buy them because "they won't go" in the Scentsy warmer.

I thought it best to simply shut the h-ll up, lol.... whatever, lady!

TRUE story.

Phone rings last night and it is a neighbor. I assume he is looking for my husband. Nope. Tells me his wife is traveling but her sister called and asked him to call me. Seems she wanted to get "some more scentsy" from me. Thinking he meant my melts I said fine. He said she wanted to get some in Hemingway (an actual scent from scentsy).

So, somehow my melts (called "her scentsys" by the neighbor) have gotten translated into perhaps I sell dupes of scentsy's scents.

Guess I will learn more when the wife is back tomorrow.